February 5th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Kenmore microwave power converter cuts in and out
Kenmore spacemaker 2002. Model 66561682101
The power converter is cutting in and out, for about 1 second each, it goes on/off/on/off/on....
If we disconnect power converter from smartboard, then we have an F7 code
Sometimes the microwave is working fine, and the power converter is drawing the correct power which is 15 amps
What would you guys suspect - power converter or smartboard?
February 5th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Might help...a copy:
Microwave will not operate (cook). F7 error code
appears on the display.
Electrical circuit interruption between L1 and Neutral in
the microwave inverter circuit.
1. Check door, hinge and cavity front alignment and adjust
2. Check the operation of all interlock switches.
3. Check over temperature protector for the magnatron.
4. Check all Cavity Thermostats for closed circuit.
5. Unplug the oven for at least 40 seconds. If this solves
A. Check the Cooling Fan for proper operation or
B. Check the resistance of the magnetron thermostat.
It should be 0 Ohms, replace if necessary.
6. Check that the control cable to the 1100 watt inverter
is properly connected to plug P2 on the display PCB
& Adjust or Reconnect
7. If interlock switches operate correctly, replace 1100W
8. If problem persists, replace control assembly.
February 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the reply!
I can see now that the F7 we get is the direct result of our disconnecting the 1100w inverter (#6 on that list)
So now we know that the F7 code is useless for us.
Any guesses which to replace first, given our odd symptoms? Inverter or Control board....
February 6th, 2008, 05:35 AM
February 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Now thats a real tech sheet! I'll look it over tonight and post the results!
Thanks el jefe!
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation, you can throw a buck or two in the Appliance Blog Tip Jar - Thank you!