Thread: Maytag Performa pav3200aww washer DRIVE PROBLEM

Default Maytag Performa pav3200aww washer DRIVE PROBLEM

Hello,
    I have the maytag performa pav3200aww clothes washing machine. Today my washer stopped somewhere during the spin cycle. After removing the belt, it was obvious there is a problem with the rotation of the tub. The pulleys on the motor and the pump work fine in both directions, and the motor runs unhindered when the belt is off. However, with the belt on, the force required to move the tub seems to vary and sometimes become almost impossible to move. Also, the agitate cycle seems fine.

Any ideas on a cost effective way to fix the tub would be great! I also would love to purchase a repair manual online if anyone knows a site I would be much obliged.

-warren

Hi,

I also would love to purchase a repair manual online if anyone knows a site I would be much obliged.
    You can download the service manual for that washer at ApplianceJunk.com for free.

If you take the belt off and turn your transmission pulley, do you notice the brake lifting then the tub starting to turn at all? Or is the transmission pulley hard to turn in the spin direction?

Technician: You can link him directly to the free repair manual, that would make it easier for him and others.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Nice site there ApplianceJunk. You wouldn't have a complete repair manual for a Maytag Performa would you? I don't have the model numbers for either handy at the moment, but I could get them if you might have the manuals, or know where to get it.

After repairing my dryer yesterday, and looking things over inside of it, I'm confident I could fix most problems I mgiht have with them.

They're 9-10 years old now, and yesteday was the first time I've ever had to fix anything on either. Both run smooth still.

Here you go. It's number 10 on our top ten download list.

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/inde...mod;dl=item131

Quote Originally Posted by ApplianceJunk View Post
    Here you go. It's number 10 on our top ten download list.

http://appliancejunk.com/forums/inde...mod;dl=item131
    Took me a few days to find the model number, couldn't find it on the washer, unless it's on the back. And I didn't feel like moving it out just for that. I had the book in a drawer with all the books for those, washer, dryer, ac etc... And I kept forgetting to get it.

Anyway, yes it is that repair manual. Thank you. I'll be looking on there to see if you have the one for the dryer (although the dryer looks to be a lot simpler to repair compared to a washer). But it's good to have those. As I know a lot about how to do things, and with a little guidance I can fix most things.

Thank you.