Thread: ED22DQ freezer coil red hot

Default ED22DQ freezer coil red hot

Hello,
    I have this coil that can be seen behind bottom basket in freezer side that gets red hot at times. I noticed it tonight from a sound of water drops hitting it and steaming off instantly. Is this a normal process or should I investigate more?
    Fred

Hi,

A copy.....

**I heard a sizzling noise inside my refrigerator and it looked like something on fire when I opened the freezer door. What should I do?

There are defrost heaters imbedded in the evaporator coil in your refrigerator to defrost the coil after an accumulated period of running time of the compressor. You were probably seeing and hearing the refrigerator in a defrost cycle. Since you unplugged the refrigerator, the coil is now defrosted and if you plug it back in, you will not hear this sound. In fact, the refrigerator will not run because it is probably still in defrost. So plug it back in, let it sit until it starts running and cooling. I have made many service calls for this identical situation. Don't be afraid to plug it back in. Turn it off at control, plug in, and turn control back on. If there is something actually wrong, you can unplug it again.**

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

thanks jeff , I thought it might have something to do with defrost cycle since its a fairly new fridge.

Your welcome!

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid