Social Buttons

Thread: Cabrio Remove Tub

Default Cabrio Remove Tub

I have a Cabrio Washer. Does anyone know how to remove the tub? This model washer seems to have a common problem, where small garments get underneath the tub at times. I need to remove the tub, so I can remove the garment that is not allowing water to drain.
    thank you.

Hi,

I've never worked on this model, but if you can post the model#, I can help you look up a repair manual to tell you how to remove that tub.

Model# should be under the lid.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

thank you , that helped.

Default How do you find your cabrio?

I am looking for a top loader after having mold issues with the duet front loader. I am lost at what to buy as there seems to be so few to choose from, although the Cabrio seemed a bit fragile to me. So I wanted to ask you your true opinion on this washer. I need help quickly as I want to rid my house of my duet as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

As for a top loader I would stick with a direct drive washer made by whirlpool.

What kind of mold issues are you having with the duet?

Default Whirlpool top loader direct drive?

Hi there. I knew that the FisherP had direct drive but I haven't come across the WP one. Do you know any model #'s? Also my husband thought the nice thing about belt driven was that the moter was seperate and therefore smoother. I told him I thought that the salesman said the opposite. Any insight? Does the FisherP stand up to the WP?

Also the mold issue has been going on for a few years now. No where in the guide, five years ago, did it mention that you had to leave the door open and then the black mold seemed to eat into the grey seal. Never to come clean. I have tried all different cleaning procedures and the smell comes back after a week or two. The thing about the duet is that the front is so big and therefore the seal is huge and deep. There is know way I have time to clean and dry all of that out after every use. Then there is the monthly bleaching treatment. Now that is energy efficient. So I am done with the "mold" issue and just want a washer that doesn smell and although we have a new home, I would give up the "show" washer/dryer combo for something that just washed clothes and didn't smell!