Thread: installing an Amana control panel

Question installing an Amana control panel

Model Number: ACS3350AS
    Brand: Amana

Is it difficult to install a control panel in an Amana model #ACS3350AS ? Does it just snap in or is there alot of wiring involved? If you could give me a link to a tutorial on this subject I would be so HAPPY! Thanks!

Do you need the control panel, or the electronic clock assembly?

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

The repairman said I needed a door liner and a new control panel, the oven door liner was bent and the heat leaking out of the oven ruined the control panel.

Ok, go to our parts section here:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/parts
    and put in your model# and it will show you the parts, just pick the part you need.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I have the same model Amana range with the same problem, bad controller. What parts of the range need to be removed in order to expose the controller so I can replace it? Any help is greatly appreciated. Randy

Hi,

If you pull your range out from the wall, then take off the back console access panel#6 here you can access the clock control board assembly:

Remember to unplug your range before opening it up.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I am looking for a used electronic control unit, mine is still working, but some of the pastic parts have become very brittle, and some of the push buttons no longer work. I would like to buy a used one from anybody who would no longer use theirs (because it's broken for example). Respond to this thread, or at ripngo at gmail dot com
    Thanks!
    jeanl

Well I filed a complaint with the BBB about the unavailability of the control panel for this range. Amana refuses to do anything about this. If your control panel is bad, you're simply out of luck and there's no replacement part.
    If you have the same issue that I have, please file a complaint with the BBB about this. My complaint number is 37028113
    jeanl

Like everyone says, you need to take apart the top of the stove to get to everything. It's not that bad as everything comes in multiples of 2, 4 or 8 screws. You start to see the pattern as you go along. But here's the sequence as I remember it:

1. Pull the stove out.

2. Remove the burners etc. that come out from the top of the stove. All of this is removable by hand.

3. Take the side decorative rails off. I think four screws on the outside of each and two screw on the inside.

4. Remove the black back vent once the rails are off. Can't remember if there are screw on this or not.

5. Remove the screws that hold the internal decorative frame. I think it's a total of eight screws and they are all in the center of the frame as you look down.

6. Pull the knobs and push buttons off the stainless steel cover. This will reveal four screws around (two on two knobs). The larger screw holds the stainless steel cover to the knobs, and the two smaller ones hold the controller/clock to the stainless steel cover. Remove these screws.

7. Once the frame is off, you will see a screw on black triangular plate that is at each end of the stainless steel cover. Remove these.

8. I believe there are four screws on the underside of the stainless steel cover. You need to open the oven door and look under and up.

9. I may have missed a few screws here and there, but this is the general procedure.

NOTE: What we found on ours was that the oven door was not closing properly. When we looked closer we notice that the oven door sheet metal panel that goes over the hinges was bent from the weight of the door itself. I took the door off and apart and straightened it, but you can see it is going to happen again. Yes it's junk. The poor sheet metal prevented the door from closing which in turn allowed the heat to melt the controller. I may try putting some black screws in the side of the door edge where the metal has fatigued to prevent it from buckling. My suspicion is that this is what's causing all of these controllers to fail.