Thread: Maytag QuietSeries 300 problem - some buttons don't work

Default Maytag QuietSeries 300 problem - some buttons don't work

Hi,

The model # is MDBTT70AWB. It's one month past the 1 year warranty. Every alternate button on the left side of the control panel seems to be dead. So I can't get Heavy Wash, I can get Normal Wash, etc. Based on information in this forum, I located the diagnostic sheet behind the bottom panel. But I'm not sure how to measure the pin-pin resistance on that ribbon cable. I have an ordinary RadioShack multimeter, and the lead tips aren't fine enough to cleanly contact only one trace on the end of that cable. Also, I'd need to hold 2 leads to 2 trace ends, and press the button on the front panel. Any tips on how exactly I should measure those resistance values would be helpful.

Regardless, I'm thinking this is probably a bad control panel, and not a problem with the board? I ran an Auto cycle after I first saw this problem, and it ran fine. I could go ahead and order the control panel, but if I could confirm that those buttons aren't working, I would feel more comfortable ordering it.

Also, I assume the ribbon cable comes with the front panel? I couldn't see how it was attached at that end, it seemed to go into the plastic housing, and if it needs to be soldered, I'm pretty sure that's beyond my skill as well.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Yes, Its your control panel assembly, I had one do this exact same thing a few months ago, and the control panel fixed it.

Here's the control panel for your model:
    Manufacturer's Number: 99003409 - Control Panel
    icon

If you purchase parts from our links here and you install them and it doesn't fix the problem, you have a 30 day full refund.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and the link. One question - does the ribbon cable come attached to the control panel? So all I have to do is plug it into the connector on the PCB?

Edit: Hmm... it shows as out of stock, but says it'll ship in 5-6 days. Not really sure what that means, maybe they expect to get it in soon? I'll go ahead and place the order.
    Last edited by Saurav; December 16th, 2007 at 09:46 PM.

Yes, the ribbon cable comes attached to the control panel, so you just plug it in the connector on your PCB.

Yes, I noticed it was out of stock as well, but they should be able to ship it in 5-6 days.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts