Thread: Kenmore Ultra Wash - not draining

Exclamation Kenmore Ultra Wash - not draining

Hi everyone,

My name is Dave and I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash portable dishwasher (model #110764511, serial #FG0403981) that isn't draining properly. You can hear the motor hum when the drain cyle starts but only a tiny bit of water dribbles out of the hose. The rest remains in the bottom of the dishwasher after the cylce is complete. I put the dishwasher on it's back, removed the front bottom cover, and disconnected the drain hose. Then I poured water down the hose to see if it was clogged but it drained perfectly. I also unscrewed and removed the white piece that the hose fits onto. It seems to direct water only one way through the hose. Anyway that peice was also unclogged however I did notice a fair bit of dirt around the threading. I looked down where that piece screws into and I didn't notice any clog there either. I'm not sure what else to do. I know that everything else seems to be working fine, and that the hose is not clogged so I'm suspecting that it may be something with the motor. The serial plate says that the motor type is 279-1.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be really appreciated!

Hi,

Canadian model#'s are not online....esp for dept stores so we may not 100% know what style of a Kenmore you have as they are built by several different companies.

Can you take a pic of the underneath of your d/w and post it here?

Then I poured water down the hose to see if it was clogged but it drained perfectly. I also unscrewed and removed the white piece that the hose fits onto.
    Each and every hose/coupler/fitting/screen from the motor and pump assembly exit to the end of the drain hose would have to be checked! Always possible a screen filter inside the motor and pump assembly is clogged or the impellor inside the pump assembly is damaged and can no longer push the water out.

http://www.applianceaid.com/drain_wash.html

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default pictures

fficeffice" />>>

Hello,>>

>>

I apologize for taking a while to come up with some pictures but I had to track down a digital camera to use and then get the image sizes to fit on this post. Anyway, here they are and I hope they are of some help; the camera I was using wasn't very good. I took several pictures but these are the best ones.>>

>>

What I meant when I said that "I poured water down the drain tube" was that when I laid it on its back, I disconnected to the drain hose from the motor and poured water down the hose to see if it was clogged but it was fine.>>

>>

Let me know if you want me to take some more parts off it and then take another (and better) picture of it so you can get a better idea. >>

>>

Anyway, let me know what you think.>>

>>

Thanks,>>

>>

Dave.>>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dishwasher_1.JPG 
Views:	420 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dishwasher_2.JPG 
Views:	436 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	111   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dishwasher_3.JPG 
Views:	391 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	112   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dishwasher_4.JPG 
Views:	702 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	113   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dishwasher_5.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	114  

Cool pics.

You can hear the motor hum when the drain cyle starts but only a tiny bit of water dribbles out of the hose. The rest remains in the bottom of the dishwasher after the cylce is complete.
    Pics show a forward-reversing style d/w....motor runs in one direction to wash and in the other direction to drain. Confirm the motor is reversing. Check the drain port exit ( that white screw in piece ). Check the drain impellor ( lowest one ) inside the motor and pump assembly. These might help....

http://www.applianceaid.com/dishrepairhelp.html

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default spins both directions

I took off the spray arms, however, it is a bit different than the one in the diagram as you can see from the pictures. I turned it onto economy cyle and I looked under the botton to see the motor spinning. There was a metal disk on top of the motor that was spinning clockwise during the wash cycle and counter clockwise during the draining cycle.
    I will have to go out and get some torques screwdrivers to remove the rest because it seems like everything is a torques screw.
    Dave.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DishWasher1.jpg 
Views:	2317 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DishWasher2.jpg 
Views:	1821 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	116  

Yupper, newer style/version than the pic. Grab a good set of Torx screwdrivers....you will need them again if you change something on your car as well

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid