Thread: Whirlpool Duet HT Washer F-11 error code

Default Whirlpool Duet HT Washer F-11 error code

Model Number: GHW9400PL0
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have had my for over 4 year and is out of warranty. So i have resorted to fixing it myself to which i feel i can handle. I keep getting an error code F-11. How i fix it temporarly is to unplug the four wires to the right on the microcomputer wait 15 seconds and plug back in. It seems to work sometimes through the whole washing cycles and sometimes it stops around the spin cycle or just before the end of the spin cycle then it will give an F-11 code. I can hit the pause/cancle button and then the start button and it will go on and sometimes i just hit the cancle button twice to end and the door lock does not unlock so i have to reach in and manually pull down on the door lock tab at the bottom and it will open the door. It seems to happen more and more often. I just want to know which of many parts that are connected would be the problem, MCU, CCU, wire harness, user interface, etc...... I am pulling my hair out HELP! The parts alone are more expensive then I could get a regular washer for. If I only knew that these washer are a constant repair headache I would not have bought it. All my whirlpool appliances are falling apart, it's crazy!!!!! Please help
    Last edited by ginawg; October 11th, 2008 at 12:50 PM.

Hi,

I would first replace the door latch/lock assembly, a number of members have and it fixed the F-11 error code completely. Its the cheapest part for this problem.

Here's the one for your model you can order:
    Manufacturer part#8182634 is RepairClinic item#1094190
    Lock, door

If you order parts from our links here on our site, you have a 365 day full refund, even if you installed them and it didn't fix your washer.

Let us know if that fixes it, if not I'll assist you further.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Whirlpool Duet HT washer

Been there, done that when i got an DL F code. This morning i tried something different when it goes to F-11 and the constant beeping that is driving me crazy. I have the lid off all the time so i can get to the wires that i unplug, well instead of unpluging them i push the pause button to stop the beeping and the time flashes. I then start wiggling the wire connectors and the white one on the left of the four i talked about earlier,then push the start button, it seems to be the one that sometimes helps. I also noticed that it is around the rinse cycle to the spin cycle.

OK this is something that happens often at the start. After selecting the wash and pushing the start button the white box (CCU) will click about 4 times and then i will get the F-11. Now that is what i would get with the DL-F (door lock failure) so i ordered the door lock and replaced it. For about 4 days it fixed the problem and it was great but then as it happen it happen on a more frequent basis. I want to know if i unplug any of those four wire connector while it is plugged in and i plug them back in and see a little spark is that bad. I usually unplug the green one on the right because i know that that one is the power to the box and then unplug each one going left wait 15 seconds and plug in going left to right until the green one is plugged in last but that process seems not to work as well anymore. I am probably messing up alot by my actions, but i am frustrated by the appliances that are screwing up since my 3 yr warranty is now expired to which i had little problems before until now (all four appliances have a problem). Please help!!!!
    Last edited by ginawg; October 12th, 2008 at 09:48 AM.

I want to know if i unplug any of those four wire connector while it is plugged in and i plug them back in and see a little spark is that bad.
    No, thats fine.

Sounds like its your CCU malfunctioning.

This is our main thread for the F11 error:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...ead.php?t=5173

Here's the CCU for your model:
    Part#8182280

It explains how to access and change the CCU in that link I posted, it has the repair manual in it.

All parts ordered from our site here have a 365 day full refund even if it was installed and didn't work.

Heres another thread that talks about the error FdL too with the F11: Duet - intermittently get an F11 or an FdL error code

Here's a thread by Kevin that this same CCU fixed his: Whirlpool Duet GHW9400PW0 - Dock Lock Control?

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Whirlpool Duet HT washer

Thanks Jake I'll give it a try when i can afford it, monies are tight right now i just hope the way that I have been doing it will not hurt anymore components!

Thats fine, it shouldn't hurt anymore components.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I could not figure out how to start a new thread. There was a "reply to thread" button but no "post new thread" button that I could find. I am brand new to this. My permissions show I can post new threads.
    Anyway, I have a Whirlpool duet washer. Model number GHW9300PW4 .I got an F11 error code on the washer and tried some of the things discussed on this site for similar duet washers. Not sure what to do specific to this model. Ran the diagnostic. Got C00 and C01 and then got the F11 error code again. I am a toolmaker by trade for 30 years and have good mechanical aptitude. I think I can fix it myself if I have some guidance.
    Can you please help me?

To Start a NEW THREAD:
    You go to the forum that your appliance is in, then you will see a

"+ Post New Thread" button on the top left side of that forum, and thats it, just
    click + Post New Thread.

Usually the F11 is the MCU.

One member found detergent all over it, and he cleaned it all off and he was back in business. So check that first, also check it for any burnt components on the MCU.

Here's the MCU(Motor Control Board) for your model, yes its located at the bottom left side when you open the bottom access panel:
    Motor Control Board 8182706 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

If you purchase parts from our links here and you install them and it doesn't fix the problem, you have a 365 day full refund.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thank you, Jake. Is there a pdf file that has specific instructions on how to take that out and replace it? It looks like it is just snapped in there but I can't tell. Is it all "plug-ins" or is there some soldering required?

Its very simple, just unplug the washer first!

You first remove the 3 bottom torx screws(all the way at the bottom next to the floor) then Remove the toe panel by lifting slightly and pulling forward.

Then you will see the MCU on the left side, and you will see the mounting screws to it that mounts it to the washer base. Remove the electrical connections to the MCU first, they just pull off.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts