Social Buttons

Thread: [FIXED] kenmore 417.44082400

Default [FIXED] kenmore 417.44082400

Hi,
    I have a kenmore front loader washer (model # 417.44082400) less than 3 1/2 years old with problems. The last load of clothes were dripping wet as though it did not complete/start spin cycle. There was no visible water in the drum. I'm not sure it even went thru the wash cycle. We started machine and closed laundry room door.

Upon finding wet clothes, I removed front cover, found tech data sheet. I followed instructions for diagnostic test, but could not get machine to enter test. I did press the start and pause at same time to recall last error code. It indicated a E57 code which referred to high current on inverter and called for test 11. Motor and tub spin easy with belt off. Ohm test on pins 1, 2, 3 for motor plug were between 4 and 6 ohms. (motor ok??) Test indicated the speed control board is bad.??

Tonight I started a cycle and watch it to see what was going on... I heard the door lock, humming sound and the cold water start filling tub. After about 5-10 seconds the water stops running in tub. After a minute or so, the water will start again and run for another 5-10 seconds. Tub does not fill completely, turn or spin. I finally turned dial to drain and spin. The drain pump started and pumped water out...at least below the tub.

All this background to ask for help. What's keeping me to getting into diagnostic test mode? Would speed control board prevent washer from going into diagnostic mode? Is the speed control board and water on and off water issue related? Sorry for the rambling, but the clothes are building up with 2-teenagers. Any help is appreciated.

Ed

Hi Ed,

Its likely your door latch switch assembly, we've had numerous problem with that going out and causing it not to fill properly and not to spin properly, and with it humming that tells me its bad as well.

Here's the door latch/lock assembly for your model you can order:
    Manufacturer's Number: 131763245

Here's the repair manual on this model too:
    www.applianceblog.com/manuals/5995413084_Washer_2004.pdf
    You can print out the pages you need to change the door latch switch assembly.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks Jake. The door latch part is less expensive than the control board. I will probably order one and replace it. What about the recall error code of E57?

thanks
    Ed

Since you did test 11 here:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals...asher_2004.pdf
    Ohm test on pins 1, 2, 3 for motor plug were between 4 and 6 ohms.
    That means the motor control board would need to be replaced according to the repair manual and tech. sheet. But since the door lock/latch assembly seems more the problem, I'd go with that first, if that doesn't fix the complete problem, then you can get the motor control board.

Here's the motor controller board for your model:
    Manufacturer's Number: 134743500

If you purchase parts from our links here and you install them and it doesn't fix the problem, you have a 30 day full refund when you return them.

Jake

Jake,
    I ordered the door latch assembly last night. It is supposed to be here before Christmas. I will probably remove the old one this weekend just to get a feel for what's involved in replacing door latch. Will keep you posted on how it goes. Thanks again.

Ed

Sounds good Ed.

I change them from the top, just take the top panel off your washer, then you can pull it up after you unmount it from the front.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake,
    I replaced the door latch this morning and washer still does not work. (wash or spin) It was a breeze to change per your instructions.

It started the cycle, by locking door and would fill with water for a few moments (seconds) and then stop. A couple minutes later the water would start and stop again. After the third time, the timer display on the front of machine (the timer with the amount of time left on cycle) started over again. It was like the cycle was starting over again. I was able to change cycle to drain/spin and the pump drained the water, but again no spin.

I guess I'm going to have order the motor control board.

Ed

Yes Ed, then you'll definitely need the motor control board as well.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake,
    Just wanted to let you know I replaced motor control board and WE ARE WASHING CLOTHES AGAIN!!

Thanks so much for your assistance. You and this board saved me a bundle. I have already told my friends about this board.

Ed

Excellent Ed, good job fixing it.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts