Social Buttons

Thread: Maytag DW MDB7601AWW leaves food particles

Default Maytag DW MDB7601AWW leaves food particles

Model Number: MDB7601AWW
    Brand: Maytag

My dishwasher, bought brand new 2 yrs ago, MDB7601AWW always leaves very small hard particles of food especially on most of the glasses and some plates and usually inside bowls too.

I ALWAYS heavily rinse all dishes so there is no actual pieces of food left, and I run the hot water in the sink before starting the unit. I also have it set for extra hot wash, and I keep the rinse agent full and it is set at its highest disperse rate. and still, food particles remain. We also have tried every brand of detergent possible to they and increase the cleaning power of the unit.

I have always had built in dishwashers my entire life and I have NEVER had problems like this, and I used to do a LOT less prep work to use them. I sometimes just skip using it and hand wash all the dishes so I dont have to re-wash most of the glasses and some of the plates, bowls through a second cycle. Our water is fine, no deposits, no build up. I do not overload the unit, if you do, you have to re-wsh the whole load as opposed to just some of the glasses and dishes. Is there anything that can be done? We are ready to yank it out and buy a different brand.

Frustrated in RI
    MaryAnn

Hi MaryAnn,

Its likely either your chopper blade is bad and came of place or your impeller is bad.

Here's a diagram of your pump and motor assembly:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M0704063-00006.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	14152

You'll need to take off numbers 1,2,4,5,6,7 then you will be at your metal chopper blade, thats likely were its broken or out of place, possibly a seed or something hard that down in there and broke it.

Also check your impeller#6 to make sure the plastic isn't chewed up either.

Here's the parts diagram of these parts: 03-Pump & Motor parts for Maytag MDB7601AWW - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

thanks Jake. We had actually had a tech to the house abuot a year and a half ago because we had a grinding noise (popcorn kernals - dang kids!) and the food particle issue was also already happening so we mentioned it to him. He said he checked out everything when he removed the assembly, and there was nothing wrong with the unit. He implied that it was 'user' error and he was the one who set the rinse agent at its highest output and told me to do everything I was already doing. (he refused to believe me that I was performing all the steps) The particle residue did get marginally less with the higher rinse agent, but obviously the issue persisted. We will definately take it apart ourselves with your specs below and check to make sure the items you indicate are in fact good. (especially since you mention a seed may have damaged it!)
    I actually hope the guy was just lazy and there is something wrong! I will update when we have a chance to take it apart.
    thanks again.
    MaryAnn

Ok MaryAnn,

If those parts check out ok, Its likely you'll need a new motor assembly, I've replaced serveral of these in the last few years myself for this same issue.

Here's the motor assembly for your model:
    Manufacturer part#99003430 is RepairClinic item#1170623

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts