Social Buttons

Thread: Icemaker: Got ice but no dispensed water

Default Icemaker: Got ice but no dispensed water

GE Refridgerator Model GSL25JFPABS
    Ice Dispenser Model CAN13 (WR30X10012)

Hi;

Hopefully I can fix this problem as easily as I did diagnosing the bad ice dispenser motor awhile back, thanks to the great advice from Jake and others.

As in the title, I am making and dispensing ice, but can not dispense water. The temp setting of the freezer is on "2", so I doubt it's frozen. I can faintly hear a solenoid click when set on water and pushing the dispense lever. I also ran a Weedwacker thread up the water tube from the front; it stops at about 3" in. Don't know if this is normal or not. Any suggestions? Many thanks; Don

Hey Don..It does sound like it might be frozen..3"" in is about where it freezes...Try pulling off the kick plate at the bottom front..There you will find the water line that goes up the freezer door..Disconnect the tube at the connector and push the water dispenser lever and see if it comes out at the bottom..Jim

Quote Originally Posted by GE JIM View Post
    Hey Don..It does sound like it might be frozen..3"" in is about where it freezes...Try pulling off the kick plate at the bottom front..There you will find the water line that goes up the freezer door..Disconnect the tube at the connector and push the water and see if it comes out at the bottom..Jim
    Thanks Jim. I'll try that tomorrow. Don

Well, went to pull the kick panel this morning to check the water line, and tried to dispense water again first, and it worked fine. I did crank the freezer temp control down to "2" a couple of days ago, so I guess the line thawed. I'm sure this is temporary though, right?

BTW, is it possible for the filter to temporarily clog up? I did change it a couple of weeks ago. I've always dispensed water until I changed the water filter.

Thanks, Don
    Last edited by hornbrod; March 4th, 2009 at 07:23 PM.

Never saw one clog temporarily...There is a heater available for the dispenser....

Manufacturer part number WR49X10173 is RepairClinic item number 1381601