Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenmore SbS cold spot, freezer cold fridge side not cold like it shoud.. Plz Help

Smile Kenmore SbS cold spot, freezer cold fridge side not cold like it shoud.. Plz Help

Hi jake,
    This is my story I bought a used sbs kenmore fridge model# 10657914700 2007 year. Ok I bought the fridge the guy showed me it was cold and there was food in the fridge. I loaded very carefully on the truck laying on it's back side for maybe 10 miles, stored in garage for 1 week until we moved to Ga last night. Unpacked it today from the uhaul and yes it was standing up all the way. I plugged it in and the freezer began instantly to get cold. The fridge side slightly
    Chilled.

So I have read for 2 hours these posts and I want to say from your other answers I peoples situation. It's either a diffuser or thermostat. I think. I took of the panel in the freezer light coat of frost on the coils and I have cleaned underneath the coils on the fridge. And checked the hole in top left for ice, I do feel cold air just not like I should. No popping and crude is actually very quiet right now as I am writing this. And freezer is cold but fridge the same. What do you recommend it has been about 30 minutes since I put everything back together. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Teacher4tc; May 31st, 2009 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Mistake

Post Update from Teacher4tc on kenmore .

I checked everything again, the part that is in the freezer, the vent that goes to the fridge when I put my hand up to it, it's cold but not blowing hard into the fridge part. Is that the problem you think Jake?

Another update on fridge, it has been 5 hours since last update and the freezer is well frosted and when I opened the door there was no fan running. But freezer was ice cold. Can any available tech please suggest a thought to what this could be... Thank you inadvance.

Hi,

So when you opened the freezer door, you didn't hear the fan running inside it? Was the compressor on in the back?

Because the freezer fan won't run when the refrigerator has cycled off.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Post Update on kenmore

Hi Jake,
    first of all thank you for the FAST reply ok the fan is running an the freezer is nice and cold and the settings are both on #4 for fridge and freezer. Seems the air is not getting into fridge. I feel the air but not strong flow. Hope this helps, what do you recommend next ?

Ok, on your model, you don't have the electronic diffuser thats been problematic.

So I'd say just give it 24 hours for the temperature's to stabilize, and Take the bottom grill off in the front, next to the floor, it just snaps off, pull hard. Open both refrigerator and freezer doors first. Then get a flashlight and look at the condenser coils and if there clogged with lint/dirt clean them, use a vacuum then blowing them out with compressed air or air compressor helps alot too.

Then pull your refrigerator out from the wall, then take off the lower back access panel, and see if your condenser fan is turning good.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Ok, I saw you cleaned the condenser coils already, but do check your condenser fan in the back to make sure its blowing good.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Yes the fan is purring quietly with a wisper sound and it's nice and clean. My temp in it right now is close to 50 degrees cold. The freezer going strong and the stick of margarine Is still hard in fridge. I pulled of the front also and pulled away from wall some more. I will keep you updated as the hours go by. Thank you again..

Jake,
    it is still holding at 50 degrees the freezer is ice cold. What do you suggest, I am no tech but I know it should be colder than 50 degrees. Should I call a tech $$$$$ out?

Just give it some more time, if by morning its not cooling well, then its possibly a sealed system problem.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast