Thread: Bosch pump problem

Default Bosch pump problem

I have a Bosch DW, SMU2042UC/14. For the last month or two it smelled like rhino butt. Then, last week, it decided to stop pumping water out. I could hear the pump, but it was much louder and had more of a growl. There are some good articles on Bosch DWs, but none for my model. I eventually clustered my way into the guts of it and pulled the drain motor assembly. The pump appears to be the source of the odor, but I'm not sure it's the main water pumping problem. The line is clear to the drain, so I know it isn't clogged. I ordered a new pump: http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDe...&PartID=466000
    It showed up today and I found a little problem. It only has two electrical plugs, as opposed to the four on the original. I contacted the seller and they said it was the correct pump for my model, adding that Bosch may have upgraded the pump since my dishwasher was purchased. My question is this; is there any way to hook the new pump up and make it work. I know precisely squat about electrical stuff. I know there were three wires plugged in on the old pump, and now I'm only down to two plugs. Any ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00107374.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	1186  

Part #261687 says can have two or four terminals. 5 Wires Total. Wiring says grey/red is on one terminal and others- EXCEPT ground, go to other terminal= white/green & black & brown. Might have to piggy back wires together. I would be bummed if never matched also.

Thanks. I ended up running three wires to one terminal. Worked like a charm. I had to pull the cover off the old pump to find the first two terminals were bridged, as were the last two, so essentially, there were only two terminals.