Social Buttons

Thread: Dishwasher just quit mid cycle-no lights on the board, and won't come on

Exclamation Dishwasher just quit mid cycle-no lights on the board, and won't come on

I have a Kenmore portable dishwasher Model # 665.17829001. It's not brand new but not extremly old either. I had it running a cycle and mid -cycle (I honestly don't know what part it was in) it just quit. It's still got water in it, the dishes appear to be clean, but we can't get it to come back on. And have tried pressing all buttons on the board. None will come on. I've tried different plug ins and it's not that, and each one I've tried has had electricity going to them and been verified by testing with other things. Can anyone offer any help? Or exactly what to check or how to check it? The manual that came with it doesn't offer any help and all I can find online is how to order the sears repair people.

Sounds like your thermal fuse thats located in your console went out, you would need an ohm meter to test that for continuity.

Radio Shack has cheap volt/ohm meters if you don't have one.

Turn the breaker off to your dishwasher first!

Just unscrew the console screws and you'll see the thermal fuse thats snapped onto the control board.

You MUST replace the wires that come with it, or the fuse will keep blowing in the future.

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
    Manufacturer's Number: 675813

This link will explain how to use an ohm meter to check for continuity:
    http://www.applianceaid.com/electric...ting_tips.html

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

thank you, is there any materials or manual that can lead me step by step on taking the old one out and putting the new one in?

No, but its very easy, once your in the console, the white thermal fuse just unsnaps off the control board, and the new one just snaps in the same place.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts