Social Buttons

Thread: GE Refrigerator Mother Board??

Default GE Refrigerator Mother Board??

Model Number: PSC23SGRCSS
    Brand: GE

Ive been reading other posts and suspect my mother board is broken.

GE Profile PSC23SGRCSS

THe other night I noticed that the water was not dispensing from the unit. Upon inspection I noticed there was a quiet, intermittent revving sound, as if the refrigerator or some part of it was trying to start. I also noticed that the digital display inside the unit was out, and the "HRS" was blinking. THe internal lights remained on.

I unplugged for a day and tried again this morning with the same result.

Before I go and place an order, can you confirm this is the mother board that is out?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, its your motherboard thats bad.

Here's the motherboard for your model you can order:
    Main Control Board WR55X10942 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

If you purchase parts from our links here and you install them and it doesn't fix the problem, you have a 365 day full refund when you return them.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Side by Side temperatures

I have a GE side by side and the freezer will get down to -2 degrees up to 2 degrees. However, the fridge side never really gets cooler than 40-41 degrees, even when setting it lower. The door is not open and the damper is working. The ice maker works for a day or so and ice is created, however, then when I open the freezer, the ice cubes have melted and the water has poured out the bottom of the ice maker and then refrozen as icicles i the freezer compartment. I have turned the fridge off, completely cleared the coils in the freezer, replaced the thermistor and defrost thermostat, however its still happening. My next step was going to be the control board. Do you think this is the issue? If i order via the repair clinic link and it doesn't work, am I able to return it?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

Yes, If you purchase parts from our links here and you install them and it doesn't fix the problem, you have a 365 day full refund when you return them.

Do you have the exact same model number PSC23SGRCSS? You will need to make sure because they make different motherboards for different GE models.

If you do have the exact same model number PSC23SGRCSS as the original person that started this thread, then yes the motherboard I posted above is the correct one for that model.

Before you order it do you hear your freezer fan running in the freezer section?

There has also been a issue where the freezer fan goes bad and takes the motherboard out with it, so you'd need to order both if that's the case with yours.

Here's the evaporator fan motor for your model you can order:
    Evaporator Fan Motor WR60X10185 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

If you motor has a white thermistor in the connector you need this fan motor:
    Evaporator Fan Motor WR60X10074 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Watch this video:

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks for the reply.

No, mine is the GE ZFSB23DRGSS

The freezer is working fine, getting cold and staying cold almost always between -1 and 2 when opening it. However the fridge doesn't go below 40 no matter how low I set it. Also, at some point the freezer is getting too warm and the ice is melting then refereeing. Is it getting stuck in defrost cycle?

Yes, that does sound like the problem.

Here's the motherboard for your model you can order:
    GE WR49X10152 Main Control Board

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts