Social Buttons

Thread: GE Profile Leaving Soap Residue (PDW7880J01SS)

Default GE Profile Leaving Soap Residue (PDW7880J01SS)

Hi. Our GE Profile Dishwasher is only 1.5 years old and is giving us problems. We have tried all cycles and can't seem to get the powder or gel (Cascade) to empty out of the soap dispenser. And the dishes don't seem clean either. Sometimes it works better than others.

I always make sure the water is hot before starting and we always have Jet Dry rinse agent loaded.

It seems as if the rinse cycle isn't rinsing all the way or something is up with the soap dispenser. Or maybe there's a clog.

Help! We payed too much for this diswasher to be giving this kind of service.

Thanks,

sedwards

Hi,

We have tried all cycles and can't seem to get the powder or gel (Cascade) to empty out of the soap dispenser. And the dishes don't seem clean either.
    Does the d/w fill ok? Intermittant filling will certainly effect the d/w's ability to move the spray arms and wash the soap out of the dispensor.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default Question about filling

Thanks for replying. This is a silly question but how can you tell if it is adequately filling? Do you listen for it or open the door during a certain cycle? I really don't know how to tell.

Thanks very much!

sedwards

Hi,

Baby sit a cycle or two.....definetly listen for the different fuctions ( fills, washing, draining ) and open the cycle a few times for a peek inside. Water level is often just under the heating element, spray arm is moving/sitting in the same place, water just filled but none is inside, etc....

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default Same problems

I also have a GE Profile dishwasher, about the same age, with the same problem. I have checked the water level and also increased the temperature of our water heater. The problem was not resolved. When I open the dishwasher after the washing and drying is complete it sounds like the soap dispenser is popping open. There is nothing blocking the door from opening, any suggestions?

Lisa