Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenmore HE2 - F21 Error

Default Kenmore HE2 - F21 Error

Model Number: 110.46462501
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Kenmore Model 110.46462501

When the washer runs through its drain and spin cycle, it will continually try to level the load and when it starts to spin it will get up to speed then slow down and throw the F21 Error.

It is completely level, and does not rock when its sitting, but at speed (on low) it just shakes.

Ive been looking through and the shocks are fine, the pump was replaced as the catch tray there was broken and leaking so I had to buy a whole new pump. Ive checked all electrical connections, blown into the vacuum tube for the water level switch (havent blown into the unit itself) and a few other things but cannot figure it out.

Seems as though its having a rough time balancing the load...there shouldnt be an issue with draining, but I am thinking of finding a way to vent the drain tube better.

Any suggestions?

Just today it did this again, but when I reset it to drain & spin it does nothing...just sits there with the lights on and makes no sounds. By reset I hit stop twice, then unplugged it for about 2-3 minutes.

Its either your water pump thats bad, or a clog in the water pump filter or the water pressure switch.

Unplug the Machine
    Remove Three Torx (hex heads) screws on front bottom of machine. Slightly lift the panel and pull the bottom towards you. Pump is right in middle in front of you.

Unscrew the pump handle with your hand, get something to catch the water thats left in it in.

Here's the water pump for your model:
    Drain Pump W10130913 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

If your water pump and water pump filter check good, then its your water pressure switch.:
    Pressure Switch W10163980 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

I will order the parts.

Thanks for all the help Jake...

I moved into a new place and now have a Kenmore Elite HE3T washer that is displaying the F21 code as well. Last week it was displaying the SUD code, but that was before I realized I had to use HE detergent. I have taken the filter screen out multiple times and there is no debris. I can hear the pump working and water comes out of the hose, but then other times it just decides not to work at all and displays the F21.

I'm not sure if I should just start throwing parts (and $$$) at it and replace the pump and/or the pressure switch you metioned. Does a new pump contain a new pressure switch or is that a separate piece?

It may be possible that some debris is elsewhere I'd imagine?? (maybe prior to the pump or at the inlet...) I did accidentally run a paper bag or something through there and noticed some chunks of paper bag in the drum, but nothing in the filter. I guess I could take off the inlet hose and check it or maybe something is clogging where the inlet hose exits the drum? This is my first experience working on a washer.

Thanks in advance.

I have cleaned the filter on the drain pump and cleared the drain hose but we still get an F21 error. I can't locate the pressure switch and can't figure out how to remove the drain pump without breaking something else. Can some advise on how to remove the pump and locate the switch.
    Thanks in advance !!!

Joe

Ok 4x4x and Joe, I need a model# before I can advise you on both these issues.

Click here to locate your model#.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I was hoping you wouldn't say that lol...forgot to peek at it this morning before going away to work for the week. I'll try to get it ASAP, thanks. Doing some more research in other older threads it sounds like throwing a new pump at it is pretty standard...then moving on from there to the pressure switch, and finally the CCU as a last resort. After making sure everything is properly cleaned/not clogged of course.

Yup, thats the right order.

Yes, please let us know when you get the model#.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Model # is 110.49962602

We've had a few members find a clog in the tub to pump hose, so I'd check that first, there should be a big clamp you remove from the tub outlet hole that the rubber hose connects to, there is a drain ball in there as well, the other members have reported finding lint clogging the holes around that ball that are integrated in that rubber hose.

Here's the tub to pump hose for your model, see the middle, thats where the drain ball fits in, and around the gap holes that can clog with lint.
    Manufacturer's Number: 8181732

Think I found the issue from another member with the same problem in post #15 here: [FIXED] he3 flashes f02... pump is clear, and pumps strong, it just doenst stop!!!!

He said this:
    Quote:
    took hose off the pressure switch and blew into it as suggested by others and it definitely had water in it..... blew again to make sure it was clear.... and bam... test cycle worked, a rinse and spin worked... and now a full empty cycle ran...

Try that as well.

Here's the pressure switch for your model: Pressure Switch W10514214 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast