Social Buttons

Thread: Bosch SHU5302UC/U11

Default Bosch SHU5302UC/U11

I have a Bosch Model SHU5302UC/U11 (purchased from Sears) that is less than 6 years old and recently have experienced some problems with the wash cycle not completing. After reading the many Bosch threads posted in the Appliance Blog, I found many similar symptons with other Bosch D/W owners as well as their frustrations. A Bosch dealer wanted to charge $100 just for diagsnotics, and that still did not include the repair or parts. I estimated that it would have cost around $300, if the came to my house and then replace the control module. That's extreme for a $800 dishwasher. Along with not completing the cycle, the wash did not heat the water to 150 degree and the heating cycle for drying did not work. As an engineer I find fixing appliances not very difficult, but figuring how to access or take apart appliances to get to the parts is tricky without the diagrams and repair manuals. Having access to information such as your blog site and parts diagrams is very helpful and time saving.

Last saturday I decided to test the dishwasher with your posted instructions and then proceeded to take the front panel off in order to access the control panel circuit board. I did find that there was a burnt connection with some solder left but not completely in contact. I got my soldering iron and repaired the solder in the circuit board and reinstalled the control module back into the dishwasher. After running the test program initially there was a 4 code. The second try with the test program displayed a 0 code....and the subsequent test still displayed a 0 code. I ran a washing cycle and the unit heats up and finishes the cycle with the CL display, the countdown displayed 79 minutes initially and went down to 1, then up to 29 and down to CL. Prior to doing the repair, the display cycled down to 1 and kept running for a long time and had to manually stop it and reset to drain the water. I am also glad to know that you have links to order appliance parts for the Bosch, since I thought I might have to replace the control module.
    I like the quiet operation of the Bosch dishwasher, but for the price we paid for the unit I would expect better reliability/longer life on the unit before any major repairs. I used to own a Kitchen Aid and had it for 15 years without a problem before it was replaced with the Bosch about 6 years ago. As for German products, I have heard some Mercedes Benz car owners say the would never buy another one again. That may be the case for the Bosch Dishwasher, I would probably not buy another German Bosch dishwasher again. Give me an american or japanese manufactured product for quality and reliability. The Siemens circuit board is very poorly engineered.
    You all were very helpful. Keep up the good work.

Renaldo.

I have the same problem as you. I took the front panel off my bosch shu5303uc/u12, but am having trouble getting the facia panel off. I need to check for burn spots on the circuit board, but cannot seen to get the facia panel (the one above the main panel with the controls on it) off.

Any suggestions please? Thanks, Glenn

OK, Finally got the facia panel off, and discovered a burned spot on the circuit board. Had my local TV repair buddy clean and solder the bad spot. Put it back together and got the test to run once, and the heater came on(Ithought it was a bad heater early on). Now though, the circuit board seems to be "dead". When the on switch is pushed, it is stuck in the econo wash mode and CL is displayed. Won't wash and cannot change any settings. Is this a bad curcuit board?

Jeff or anyone else? Thanks, Glenn

Hi,

CL I believe is Clean.....sounds like the control is sour

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

We are having major problems with our dishwasher, had a bosch representative come out and said the problem was with our water conditioner. There is always soap on the bottom. We have used dishwasher majic and vinegar twice already. We only put in a 1.2 teaspoon of soap. The dishes never get clean, my stainless is ruined the glasses come out with a film. I am washing by hand. I am over Bosch, I never had trouble like this before. Does anyone know what it can be from. It seems it doesn't drain completely either. Help!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Soap at the end of the cycle

Is the wash cycle actually completing itself? I had soap left in the bottom of my Bosch, and it was NOT completing the entire cycle (would get stuck in the middle). It turned out to be a burn spot on the circuit board.

After the circuit board was repaired and properly re-installed, my Bosch works as advertised. Depending on the model that you have, you can put it into a self diagnostic test mode that will tell you the fault code (problem) with your machine.

Sorry, I don't have the link to the directions for the test modes, but I think that Jeff the moderator can tell you that. Good luck, Glenn