Social Buttons

Thread: kenmore electric dryer stops before cycle is complete

Default kenmore electric dryer stops before cycle is complete

My Kenmore 90 series electric dryer will start but will stop before cycle is completed. If you try and start it again the buzzer will buzz but will not start the dryer. If I wait 15 minutes are so it will start up again but will stop before cycle is completed. Also, during the cycle after 10 minutes or so there is burnt smell. Could you please give me some advice as to where to start my troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Model number would help here, tag is on the dryer after you open the door....sounds like you have a motor overheating and cutting off on the overload. Might be a bad motor or something causing it to overheat, like the blower wheel housing jammed full of stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pegi at Sams
    Model number would help here, tag is on the dryer after you open the door....sounds like you have a motor overheating and cutting off on the overload. Might be a bad motor or something causing it to overheat, like the blower wheel housing jammed full of stuff.....
    Ok the model # is 6690269 . Could you give me some more info. I will open the panel and look around to see if I see some obvious obstructions.

Model number not coming up, need 3 numbers then a . then the other 7-8 numbers please...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Pegi at Sams
    Model number not coming up, need 3 numbers then a . then the other 7-8 numbers please...

Ok now I think I am on the same page...the model # is 110.66902691. Thanks again...

The dreaded DOTT dryer, need to see what all might be in your vent housing after you remove the front panel, if your vent to the outside is blocked this will be clogged with junk...

Ok, I am going to open her up and see what I can find. The dryer has been running fine now for 30 minutes on the timed cycle.Go figure......

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajundad
    Ok, I am going to open her up and see what I can find. The dryer has been running fine now for 30 minutes on the timed cycle.Go figure......

Ok, I opened the lower front panel and found mounds of lint below the dryer. Thought maybe the problem was the lint and it motor was getting hot. Now that is all cleaned out the dryer will not come on. You can hold the buzzer but the dryer does not start only the buzzer works. Maybe the motor just gave out on the last cycle?

Could be , all of the stuff clogging up the motor and air flow probably killed the motor, you will need to fix your dryer vent to the outside to keep this from happening again ...