Social Buttons
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: electrolux bottom freezer french door fridge too warm

Default electrolux bottom freezer french door fridge too warm

Model Number: EI28BS56IW
    Brand: Electrolux

Well I screwed up and bought a fridge on e-bay for less than half price--brand new-- put it in and it doesn't work ,and electrolux won't warranty it --cause the serial number plate was removed-- (So it was defective at some point)

but I need to fix it

Its a digital iq touch refridge, here are the symptoms
    set freezer at 0--it cools to 0, no issues
    set fridge at 35, it cools to 35 on the display--on the inside its actually 43, in some spots, colder in the drawers
    Ice make won't work, my portable thermometer in the ice cube tray shows almost 47 degrees
    water from door isnt cold

I have checked the damper it works-- I even unplugged the damper and kept it open and the refridge got really cold--temp reading on panel said 16 degrees, then things started to freeze-- so I plugged it back in
    shouldn't be iced up as this is just plugged in, but been battling with it for weeks now

so I have some trouble shooting questions
    1) How does the ice maker get cold, I hear a fan running, but I don't see a duct to the freezer to get cold air? (seems like that portion of the fridge is the warmest) (located top left)
    2) where are the thermometers mounted in the fridge
    3) any suggestions on what to try?

thanks
    Last edited by reverhart; April 29th, 2010 at 10:54 AM.

what is your freezer temp and what is your refrigerator temp... let's start with that

freezer temp set at 0, measured with thermometer at 0
    refridge temp set at 33, measured between 41-44 degrees--guessing the thermister is getting to 33 degrees and shutting off damper?

I haven't been able to get anyone to come out cause the nearest service center is 1 hour away
    Last edited by reverhart; April 29th, 2010 at 10:49 AM.

so to sum it up, your problem is your refrigerator portion not cold enough?

thats correct--

so I have some trouble shooting questions
    1) How does the ice maker get cold, I hear a fan running, but I don't see a duct to the freezer to get cold air? (seems like that portion of the fridge is the warmest) (located top left)
    2) where are the thermometers mounted in the fridge
    3) any suggestions on what to try?

I pulled out the channel that distributes air in the fridge, and busted some syrofoam out of it to let it flow free out of the top
    the ice cube tray is now showing colder like 27 degrees, I may be on to something

Unfortunately i have never worked on this type of refrigerator, but your cold air is manufactured at the freezer portion and there is a fan pushing that air into your refrigerator portion, so by what your saying it sounds that the cold air is not getting into your refrigerator portion, either because your fan in the freezer is not working or your air conduit is obstructed somehow,, start by checking your airflow sysytem,,

wondering where the thermistor is located in the fridge- seems its getting cold and shutting off the damper before the real interior of the fridge is at the right temp

figured out there is an evaporator in the ice maker area to make the ice cold

so is your freezer fan working? is the air conduit blocked in any way preventing cold air getting into the refrigerator portion?

yes freezer fan is working

I'm down to two problems

1) keep popping fuses in the ic maker control board--looks like defrost heater?--actually made ice last night for the first time--but woke up to popped fuses again
    2) air distribution is cooling the thermometer inside the fridge before the actual fridge is cool, propped the damper open a bit to see if that will help

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast