Social Buttons
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glasses on top rack do not get clean

Default Glasses on top rack do not get clean

Model Number: FDB4315LFC0
    Brand: Frigidaire

The top rack of glasses on my frigidaire 4000 series dishwasher do not always get clean. Many times there are small food particles inside the glasses. I have so far checked the following:

1. Removed the filter from the bottom and cleaned it although it was not that dirty to begin with.
    2. Checked water temp at tap which is 135 degrees.
    3. Turned on tap before running dishwasher to ensure the water going into the it was already hot as soon as it starts.

I also rinse the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. One thing I have noticed is that after the tub fills up with water it never goes above the heating element. It is always an inch below no matter where in the cycle it is currently running. Could this be the problem? Maybe the dishwasher is not pulling in enough water?

We need the complete model#, the model# tag is located inside the dishwasher on the top or side.

No dishwashers ever have water level above the element, its always just under the element, so its likely your motor/pump assembly is bad.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hi Jake,
    Model number is FDB4315LFC0.

Thanks,

But check first for broken glass or seeds in the impeller:
    http://www.applianceaid.com/frigidaire-new.html#new

Here's the motor/pump assembly for your model.
    In stock here:
    Manufacturer part number 154793001 is RepairClinic item number 1557823

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I took out the bottom sprayer, filter, screen and then removed the three scews that hold the cover over the impeller. There was a little bit of crud in there but not much. There was no glass. The impeller itself seemed clean. I put it all back together and will run again soon. Not enough dirty dishes yet to run another cycle.

One other thing I should mention is that when I took the three screws out to remove the cover over the impeller, there was 1 or 2 cups of water sitting in there. Not sure if that indicates anything.
    Last edited by kgingras; June 28th, 2010 at 01:25 PM.

Thats fine about the water, its normal.

Next time you run a cycle let us know how it does.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I ran another cycle. This time I used the hi-temp option. First time I have ever used that but it did not seem to make much of a difference. I'm still getting some small particles on a few glasses. I did open the door a couple of times during the cycle and noticed that the bottom sprayer was turning/spraying but the top spinner and spinner under the top rack were not. Is that normal depending on where it is in the cycle? Or should all of the sprayers be working when the bottom one is.
    Also could it just be my expectations of how clean the dishes should be are too high? Its not like the glasses are covered in dirt but some of them do have small specs of food or whatever on them and require me to manually clean them. Seems to me they should all come out perfectly clean?

The upper one spins at different times than the lower.

Of course they should come out clean, mine's over 10 years old and get as clean as the day I bought it.

Clean is Clean, not leaving any particles behind.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hi Jake,
    I forgot to update this. This problem is still not resolved but here it what has happened so far. I took the plate off the bottom and decided that replacing the pump/motor was a little beyond my ability so called the repairman instead. He noticed that the dishwasher was not getting enough water. I always suspected this too. Every time I checked the water level, it just seemed to be awfully low. The repairman decided to replace the water inlet valve. It turned out the old one had a lot of reside inside it. With the new inlet valve installed, the water level is now noticeably higher however the same problem still exists: dishes on the top rack are still not getting clean. I called the repair company back and they sent out a different repairman out this time. He said he has seen this problem before and that in order to fix it he has substituted a different inlet valve for the one spec'd on my Frigidaire. I'm not sure what model he is going to use but has ordered thet part and it should be in later this week. Hopefully this will do the trick. At least they aren;t charging me parts and labor for the second inlet valve. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks.

Ok, I can see why the first tech changed the fill valve, but the 2nd tech. ordering a substitute valve doesn't make sense, I've never had to do that in my 20+ years of appliance repair.

That likely won't solve it, the new motor/pump assembly likely would.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast