Social Buttons

Thread: Kenmore dryer beeping or not drying

Default Kenmore dryer beeping or not drying

Model Number: 417.88042700
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Our Kenmore dryer started beeping last week while drying and sometimes even while it was not even being used. Some times it is a few beeps that repeat and some it just rapid beeps like crazy and the only way to stop it is to flip the breaker.

This is what I have found so far.
    Error code E8C.

Diagnostic Test showed the temp heating up and everything worked as it was supposed to untill I started the Temp knob test. Here I would tun the Temp knob and sometimes there was no beep, double beep, series of beeps, or just a single beep. I could also just wiggle the knob side to side and it would beep once in a while.

I exited the Diagnostic test and tried the Temp knob again which mainly resulted in no beep or it would go into a beepin session that nothing would stop except the breaker. The beeping was at changing paces so it wasn't anything consistant just real annoying!

Now I have to work with the dryer to get it to dry. Most the time I start the dryer and the drying light blinks then switches to cool down.

The worst part is that this dryer is almost 2 years old but wasn't installed till about 3 months ago when we finally redid our utility room (didn't want to bring it in and have to move it around so we just used our old units till we remodeled.

At this point I'm guessing it's the control board but just wanted to put this out here and see what the experts thought.

Thanks in advance!

It sounds like your thermistor or control board is bad.

Here's the repair manual for the Frigidaire & Kenmore(417) Dryers made after Jan. 2005:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/manuals...Dryer_2005.pdf

You would need a ohm meter to ohm test the thermistor at room temp. with the dryer unplugged.

It should read 50K-53K ohms at room temperature, if not, then order the new one and you'll be back in business.

Here's the thermistor for your model you can order if you need it:
    Thermistor 134587700 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Here's the control board for your model:
    Manufacturer part number 137008010 is RepairClinic item number 1472768

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts