Social Buttons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maytag Jetclean Plus EQ Problems

Default Maytag Jetclean Plus EQ Problems

Model Number: MDB9150AWS
    Brand: Maytag

I have a Maytag Jetclean Plus EQ model number MDB9150AWS that is about 8 years old. When you press a button and run a “normal wash”, the cycle stops at 32 minutes.
    I switched to running the light wash cycle and it worked for a while. Now, when you press a button and run a “light wash”, the cycle runs through all of the stages of the light wash but the final drain and stops at “2h”. The “2h” flashes.

When I press the “Drain/off” button, there is an intermittent sound like the machine is trying to start the drain cycle. But the drain cycle never gets going; just a weak, intermittent, chugging sound.
    I have tried the “Delay/resume” once and then “Drain/off” twice to clear it, without success. I used the “Drain/off” as a test (because water was in the bottom of the dishwasher) and nothing happened but the “2h” flashing.
    I have unplugged the dishwasher for 24 hours and plugged it back in. Again, I used the “Drain/off” as a test (because water was in the bottom of the dishwasher) and nothing happened but the “2h” flashing.
    I have checked and cleaned the air vent at the sink. I have checked the hose where it attaches to the garbage disposal.
    I have taken apart most of the inside of the machine down to the “bottom dish” and sucked the water with a wet/vac and towels. (I have not taken the dishwasher out from under the sink, turn it over, and removed the pump.)
    I do not know what to do next. (Also, I hope I disabled icons in this post.)

Your knowledge and consideration are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

There should be a tech data sheet either in the console or down below the door behind the access panel, it has a diagnostics check in it you can run and it should tell you the bad part.

Let us know what you find.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hi Jake,
    Thank you for the quick response. I will look for the "tech data sheet" behind the access panel. (I have the "User's Guide".) I am grateful for your help. B1B

Hi Jake,
    I found the tech data sheet in a plastic bag down below the door behind the access panel. I ran the diagnostic check labeled "Automatic Function Test". FYI, the number sequence was 2-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-1. The test ran for just under 4 minutes. At the end of the test, no lights were flashing, so failures were not detected.

I tried "Drain/Off key and the number "2" appeared in the display window. But the intermittent chugging noise sounded and nothing more so I pushed "Drain/Off" key again to turn it off.

Is there a reason I should run the "Manual Function Test"?

I still do not know what is the bad part. I look forward to your advice regarding the next step.
    Thank you,
    B1B
    Last edited by B1B; August 18th, 2010 at 07:53 PM.

That intermittent clucking noise is odd, can you pinpoint where thats coming from?

Sounds like your control board is malfunctioning. But with that clucking noise, it may be your pump motor assembly.

Is there a reason I should run the "Manual Function Test"?
    No.

This issue is going to be difficult to help you find the issue on just a forum like this, you'll likely need to have a Maytag tech. come out.

Here's the control board for your model:
    Whirlpool 99002825 Pcb Assembly

Here's the motor assembly for your model:
    Whirlpool 6-917113 Motor/pump Housing Assembly

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake,
    You are an excellent communicator. Your forum service is very good. Before I found your site, I had reached the point of being stuck, with no option other than blindly spending money on the repair.

I may have erred in communication when introducing the "intermittent clucking noise". There is an intermittent sound; but the intermittent sound is the normal sound of the machine trying to start the "Drain/Off" 2 minute cycle (or any other cycle). The noise comes from general area in the door behind the Display Window. The noise always happens when the machine starts. The difference is the noise leads to the machine starting rather than the 30 second interval between noises.

This is confusing to me because during the "Automatic Function Test", the keypad was used to press the number sequence and worked. Secondly, the motor (drain) worked during the test as it pumped out the water from the partial fill.

Unless you have any other ideas, I will buy a control board.

Thank you again.
    B1B
    Last edited by B1B; August 19th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

Yes, that makes sense now, so yes, I agree it sounds more like your control board is bad.

We have a special program here, all parts you order from our links we post are returnable within 365 days for a FULL refund if they don't fix your appliance.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake,
    Thank you for the recommendation to purchase a control board for our Maytag Jetclean Plus EQ model number MDB9150AWS dishwasher. I have purchased the control board 99002825 through your special program.
    Is there anything I should know about installation of the control board, after I receive it next week? Are there any tricks to pulling out the old control board and putting in the new one?
    Thank you again.
    B1B

Its fairly straight forward, just remove the console screws and then you will see the control board and remove the screws from that, and the electrical connections all go in the same exact place.

Turn your breaker off to your dishwasher first.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

How I replaced the control board for a Maytag Jetclean Plus EQ model number MDB9150AWS
    (use w/ caution. Not liabile for post, just a suggestion.)

1. Disconnect the power supply to the dishwasher by turning off circuit breaker.
    2. Open the dishwasher door and remove the ten Torx screws securing the inner door panel using a Torx driver.
    3. Gently separate the inner door panel from the outer door panel because there are wires attached inside. Label the dispenser wax motor wires with masking tape. (Left /right, upper/lower works for labels).
    4. Remove the wires from the inner door panel with your fingers (or a pair of needle-nose pliers) and label them. The wire will be red and connected from the control panel to the motor.
    5. Set the inner door panel out of the way.
    6. Remove door handle by lifting the handle up from two plastic hooks. I did not disconnect the wires.
    7. Lifted up black plastic sheet that covers board.
    8. Used a nut driver to remove the two screws securing the PCboard housing cover to the control console.
    9. Removed the two screws that secure the PC board base to the control panel.
    10. Pressed in on the plastic side tabs in the three places of the PC board housing and removed the board.
    11. Placed new board underneath old board.
    12. One-by-one plugged in wires to new board (matching old board).
    13. Pressed the PC board housing in on the plastic side tabs. Be careful. I broke one of the plastic tabs pressing in the board. (My dishwasher is 8 years old so the plastic may have been fatigued.) Fortunately, the two screws secured the board.
    14. Covered the PC board with the black plastic and replaced the door handle.
    15. Secured the inner door panel.
    16. Confirmed there were no parts leftover.
    17. Tested the machine with “Drain/Off” and it worked.
    18. Thank you Jake.
    Last edited by B1B; August 23rd, 2010 at 07:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast