Thread: Door Locked Indication - Will not run

Default Door Locked Indication - Will not run

Model Number: WBVH5100HWW
    Brand: GE

Hi:

I have a GE WBVH5100HWW model front loader clothes washer. I noticed washer stopped at 1 minute after washing a load of clothes. I waited and the washer did not turn to 00. I then powered the unit off by pressing the power on/off button on the front panel. Clothes were spun and removed from washer.

Loaded another load of clothes and tried starting a new cycle. On the front panel display, the door lock indicator comes on and timer goes to 58 minutes then a succession of 3-4 noises are heard, sounds like a relay or solenoid opening and closing by the front door. Unplugged the Washer for one minute. The washer behaves the same way of not starting a cycle, relay/solenoid opening/closing 3-4 times and door lock indicator stays on even though the front door is able to be opened.

I read other posts that either the door switch assy WH10X1006 or the control board WH12X10335 is defective.

Other than doing the shotgun approach of replacing both items, I am looking to troubleshoot this more.

Entered the Diagnostic Mode . T02 reveals error T61 - Door Unlock Switch Failure. Instructs to check wiring and connections between door lock and main control. Also check door lock switches and solenoid. Replace main control board if wiring, switches, and solenoid test functional.

I read in the 2005 repair manual WBVH6240 and two other models, on Page 22 shows the control board and headers P1, P2, and P3 have door lock listed. P1 & P2 have four pins while P3 has five. I see the Pin I/O assignments on each header on Page 59 for the door lock Assy. From page 59 looks like AC voltage 120V 60 cycles will be on the pins but not sure the sequence.

Looking for recommendations besides the shotgun approach of replacing both modules.

Tks
    Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Remember only on our site can you shop with confidence as all parts ordered from our site come with a 365 day full refund even if it was installed and didn't fix it.

I did a search for others having this issue and the new control board fix it. So you can other both and just return the one that you don't need for a full refund if your still in doubt.

Here's the control board for your model you can order here:
    Manufacturer's Number: WH12X10355
    WH12X10355

Here's the door latch/lock assembly for your model:
    Manufacturer's Number: WH10X10006 - Door latch/lock assembly

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

This is a follow up to my first post. I unplugged the washer from AC power for 24hrs. I plugged it back in and the Door Lock Indication went away. I used the washer to do maybe 4 washes to catch up on much needed clothes for my family.

I noticed after the fourth wash, the washer stopped at the 01 minute left on the cycle with the Start/Pause button blinking. This is the same condition I seen before. I pressed the start button and the washer did change to 00 minutes. The washer would not run after this.

I then replaced the Control Board. The Door Lock Indication remained active even after changing the Control Board. I then placed a order to the door lock assy. I unplugged the washer for 24hrs while waiting for the lock assy to arrive. The washer worked again for a few washes and stop at 01 minute left on the cycle. Let's see when the lock assy comes to see if that fixes the problem.

If not, any suggestions out here?

Ok, then the new door lock assembly should fix it.

You can return the control board for a full refund.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Ok, replaced the door lock assembly and it fixed the problem 3 wks ago around Oct 16th. Used the washer for 3 weeks with no problems.

This evening the washer stopped at one minute left in the cycle and made the sound of the relay/solenoid 3 times opening & closing and the "Door Locked indication" remains on the display.

This is same problem even after replacing both the control panel and door lock assemblies. Anyone out there know what is causing the door lock assembly error and failure? Anyone have real schematics and wire run list along with troubleshooting guide?

Tks
    Patrick

Ok Patrick,

Here's the repair manual for it:
    www.applianceblog.com/manuals/GE_Frontload_Washer.pdf

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Same problem as reimad

Patrick,

I am having the same problem you originally described. My GE model is WBVH5200JWW.

Did you ever get a resolution on this? It sounds like you're more technical than I, so I'm not going to attempt what you've done - I'll call some one. But if you'd mind sharing what the ultimate problem and fix I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Chris