Social Buttons

Thread: Roper Dryer Buzzes, but wont start.

Unhappy Roper Dryer Buzzes, but wont start.

REL4632BW2 is the model number.

Roper is the brand. I turn the knob to chose the setting, then I close the door or manually press the switch that the door presses when you close it. And it just makes a buzzing sound.

Its obviously receiving electricity fine. I reached my hand in(unpluged) and spun the fan around so there isn't anything physically blocking that. Its an old dryer I purchased from a friend for 20 bucks, got a matching washing machine for the same price. PERFECT for a college student with his own apartment. I got a year out of it before this happened. YES I CHECKED THE LINT, Everytime someone heard dryer problem they tell me to check the lint, which to no surprise was empty, like it was before i made the phone call. The people keep saying we'll we can take a look but its best to buy another appliance. But working in the retail business, I know that its easier to sell a new product than to fix an old one so I'm pretty sure thats why they are telling me this.

Is it the motor? Should I kick it?(cause i already have) Or is it something more complicated?

Is it worth fixing? I'd really prefer to fix it, I really dont feel like spending the money on a new one, and i definately dont want to move them up/down the stairs until I move from the apartment. And if this is fixable, are the part(s) I need readily available
    Last edited by Tsumavoc; December 3rd, 2005 at 11:22 AM.

Moorpark (via Motherwell, Scotland), California, USA

Where is the buzzing coming from? Top, bottom, or (unlikely) in between?

The problem was with the power, my vaccume and answering machine started acting up, then my cable went out and I had to get it reactiveated. Not sure what the problem was but it was fixed by the electric company. Kinda frustrated me cause I was beginning to think everything in my house was breaking on me. But its all good now, I got dry clean clothes and towels.

Thanks for your reply, its appreciated. =)

Moorpark (via Motherwell, Scotland), California, USA

Thanks for letting us know! Low voltage will cause all sorts of weird stuff to happen.