Social Buttons

Thread: Maytag MDBH969AWS PIECE OF SH%@*T?

Exclamation Maytag MDBH969AWS PIECE OF SH%@*T?

I have just brought a Maytag MDBH969AWS and found out that Maytag doesn't even LIST this item on its website. I can't find ANY recommendations for it and from what I have read here Maytag is a crock of crap these days.
    HOME DEPOT, where I GOT the unit listed it as 4/out of 5 stars and no one else seems to have an opinion since you can only get this model # from Home Depot! What has happened? Can a company buy out all the upcoming discontinued units and be the sole retailer for it? Many other models are sold at various other sites, online as well as brick and mortar, but this one I only saw listed at HOME DEPOT-and of, course, they gave the unit 4/out of 5 stars!
    I CAN SEND IT BACK if SOMEONE would give me an idea of the likely repair record for this unit. I have only run ONE WASH in it. So far, it washes great, but I am already hearing about it from my husband. I don't want this to cause a divorce.
    Can anyone tell me about their experiences with this model?
    Thank you
    bedoin

Here is the deal. Engineers get paid good to design appliances so that they start breaking down after 5 years. This ensures that the appliance makes it past the original warranty and any extended warranty the consumer is pressured into purchasing. After that the manufacturer would like to see you buy a new machine rather than repair the old. Most manufacturers play this game very well. Maytag (now owned by Whirlpool) is no better or worse than any of the others. So here are my tips for getting the most out of this machine
    1-Remember a Dishwasher is not a garbage disposal!!! No dishwasher can handle dishes the way they come off the table. Scrape off loose food particles before putting them in the dishwasher and keep coffee grounds out at all cost!
    2-Never spray the control panel with any cleaner. Use a damp cloth and gently wipe the panel if it needs cleaning
    3-Never push the door closed by pushing on the touch pad portion of the control panel. Push Only on the outer plastic edges using one hand on each end of the door to push door closed.
    4-Don't wash things that don't belong in a dishwasher ie:toys, etc
    5-Use only dishwasher safe detergents , never use liquid soap not made for dishwashers
    If you follow these tips I think this machine will do just as well as any other.
    Hope this saves your marriage