Thread: Maytag Ensignia - clothes still soaking wet after cycle

Default Maytag Ensignia - clothes still soaking wet after cycle

Model Number: MAV2757AWW
    Brand: Maytag

I bought this secondhand 2 years ago with no problems, it was bought in 2007 from sears. I am just now having problems with it.

The clothes are still dripping wet after the cycle completes. The washer either isn't spinning or spinning very fast. It drains just fine and is set level. The last time I used it on a fast cycle it smelled like burning rubber. The slow cycle works and no smell, but like I said the clothes are still soaking wet when it's done.

tilting it back the belt seems fine and the agitator moves but the drum seems stuck. i can not get it to move when i try to push it.

opened the front cover- the drum is stuck, and it is making a knocking noise.
    Last edited by ss2008; November 29th, 2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: more info

The inner basket is not suppose to turn when you try to turn it with your hand.

Take the belt off the pulleys underneath, then turn each pulley, then should turn smoothly.

Now the big transmission pulley, you turn it one direction and you will see the agitator moving, then turn it the other direction and it should release the brake and the inner basket should start turning.

Let us know what you find.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

alright well a few repairmen called me back and one suggested i run a load with the lid open, so i did. the drum started spinning. it then stopped, but when i pressed down hard on the agitator it started spinning like normal. i did not try your suggestion yet but i don't understand why it started spinning when i pushed down the agitator? maybe something there is loose?

edit
    alright we tilted back the machine and i tried to get the belt off but did not because i didn't want to break it and couldn't tell how to get it off. but there are 3 wheels, and the one big one spins when the agitator is going but the metal round part above the middle rod of the agitator wheel does not move when the drum isnt spinning, it just sits there until (again) you push down on the top of the agitator and it starts spinning. no smells or noises.
    Last edited by ss2008; November 29th, 2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: more information

Its very easy, the belt just slips off the pulleys, then turn your transmission pulley both ways, one way will make it agitate, the other way should make the tub turn, if the tub doesn't turn then the thrust bearing is bad.

Thrust Bearing Kit(Comes with complete installation instructions)
    Part#12002213

When I worked for Montgomery Wards, I must of replaced at least 1 one these every week on their washers which were made by Admiral(Division of Maytag)

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts