Social Buttons

Thread: Whirlpool TEDS740PQO Dryer Issues

Default Whirlpool TEDS740PQO Dryer Issues

First of all, thanks for the website and the help.

My washer/dryer units are on the 2nd floor of our house, the vent pipe goes straight up about 8 feet and takes a 45 deg. turn (2/3 more feet) and vents out on the roof top. It's a 4 in. duct with a screen cap on the end. I just build the house, the house and the dryer are about 8 months old. The duct, due to the problem described below, now has lint all along the walls of the duct all the way up (not blocking airflow yet).

Problems: First, the lint screen catches almost no lint. After a load, we pull the screen out and only the bottom right corner has any lint, all of the rest of the lint goes straight into the duct (not good).

Second, it took about 2 to 4 runs to dry a load. Clothes are not drying. Remember, the dryer is new.

Yesterday, I had a company come out and inspect the dryer. here's what they told me. For the lint problem, he wasn't sure. He said to try getting a replacement screen and see if that fixed the problem. I looked at the screen, I don't see anything wrong with that. In regards to the heating issue, he replaced the thermostat (thinking the dryer was short-cycling) and suggested I try the panty-hose deal to see if its a duct or dryer problem.

I guess I just don't feel satisfied with that analysis and am kinda worried about the lint in my duct building up. I'd appreciate any help you are willing to give and happy to answer any questions.

Many thanks,

Patrick

Long dry time and no lint on the lint screen all point to a venting problem in the home.....pull the dryer out from the wall and remove the vent hose from the dryer and try a couple of loads, if it does better you know you will have to install some booster fans in your vent system.

I'll give it a try and update. Thanks

Sure enough. After unhooking the dryer, it dried the clothes and lint screen was full. Now to fix the ducting *groans*.

Thanks again for the help.

Patrick