Social Buttons

Thread: Oven Not Lighting

Default Oven Not Lighting

Model Number: FGF337AWE
    Brand: Frigidaire

Question in reguards to a Frigidaire#FGF337AWE, My brother was just givin this unit by a friend(second hand) when we hooked it up yesterday we can not get the oven to fire up. Checked a few things without not really knowing this unit.
    -Glow coil lights up pretty good(Stays on) no gas coming through burner.
    -Checked saftey valve getting continuaty through it(so assuming still good)
    -saftey valve getting voltage when oven is turned on
    -Unhood incoming gas tube into back of saftey valve and gas is coming out so I also know valve is getting gas.

Not sure if thermostat probe could be defective and not allow to light, or if coil not getting enough juice?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

Very possible a weak GlowBar. Try turning the bake on after the glowbar lights up good tap the safety valve itself with screwdriver or tool. See if the bake lights up or not. Let me know what you get.

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing, your bake igniter glowbar is going bad.

Here's the one for your model:
    Manufacturer part#5303935066 is RepairClinic item#12872

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Very possible a weak GlowBar. Try turning the bake on after the glowbar lights up good tap the safety valve itself with screwdriver or tool. See if the bake lights up or not. Let me know what you get.
    Ok I'm some what tech savvy, but am I missing something here when you say turn on bake after the glowbar lights up? I assume when you say turn on bake your talking about the bake button to turn on the oven? If so how do I get the glowbar to light up without hitting the bake button first?
    I did try hitting the saftey valve but the unit was off didnt want it to fire up while I was inside the oven...
    I guess I could try hitting it from the backside but not easy to access much of the valve.

Also is there a certain amount of amperage that I can check and see if the glowbar is dying?

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosignal View Post
    Ok I'm some what tech savvy, but am I missing something here when you say turn on bake after the glowbar lights up? I assume when you say turn on bake your talking about the bake button to turn on the oven? If so how do I get the glowbar to light up without hitting the bake button first?
    I did try hitting the saftey valve but the unit was off didnt want it to fire up while I was inside the oven...
    I guess I could try hitting it from the backside but not easy to access much of the valve.
    Ok lets try again, sorry bout the confusion. Pull out the bottom drawer, look in towards the back of the stove you should see a part that looks like #17 in attached pic. After you have located it, turn the bake on as if you normally would for cooking food. At this time the GlowBar will begin to glow. When you believe it has got as bright as what its gonna get, tap #17(Safety valve) with a tool. @ this point it will most likely light the bake burner. To answer your question about amps. Yes the amp draw that the glowbar should pull is label on the safety valve. If the "tap test" does not light the burner then check your amp draw. Let me know if this helps.