Thread: Kenmore elite oasis wont complete spin cycle

Default Kenmore elite oasis wont complete spin cycle

Model Number: 110.27032602
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Kenmore Elite Oasis
    Model number: 110.27032602
    Ser number : ct4670029
    type : 581

No matter what we wash I will get UL and sometimes OL. So I took it the washer apart found to bra underwires. one was in the pump the other was in the basket between the agitator and basket. After removing those and I also wiped down the tub that holds the water the basket sits in. I then placed a load in as noted below.

Normal Wash, Normal Soil, Auto Water level, Cold wash and rinse, No other options chosen.

All works well until the last 7 mins when it hits the spin cycle. It starts to spin then bang around and UL pops up.

I then open the lid rearang the garments. (which consist of 2 bath towels, 2 pair of jeans, a small thin blanket and a few wash cloths that are soaking wet) I close the lid hit start (still says UL) The machine fills up with water, the Agitator starts. (like its going thru a rinse cycle again still says UL) The machine then drains (says 10 mins now) It now starts the spin cycle (says 7 mins) Start to hear water splashing and then when the drain pump kicks on, it really starts to vibrate then once again UL appears. I hit drain and spin no difference. Seems to act up when the pump kicks on to drain as its spinning before that moment the super high spin kicks in or right at.

Just out of curiousity I removed the blanket and got no difference. I then removed the 2 pairs of jeans and 2 towels and left the few remaining garments in and did a drain and spin ant it completed. I then put in the 2 pairs of jeans and towels and it also completed. Placed the blanket in and it finished the drain and spin cycle as well.

Ok So whats wrong with my machine? I have been working on this for 2 days now. Read many post. If my machine cant handle that type of load i am in trouble. I have my wife, 3 kids and grand children. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Thank you
    Tom
    Last edited by moviegeek1822; January 3rd, 2011 at 09:40 AM.

I wish I could help you on this, but I quit Sears just before the Oasis models came out, and haven't had the training or chance to work on any.

This Oasis is made by Whirlpool, its the exact identical to the Whirlpool Cabrio.

Read this thread:
    http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...her-motor.html

You may be able to get Whirlpool or Sears out to fix this for free, since lots of others have been having similar issues.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

I've been having the same problem with my Kenmore Oasis washing machine.. I was just wondering if you found out what the problem was & might give me some insight as to what it could be. I just ran it completely empty & it ran fine but, if I put anything in it it won't finish the spin cycle. It does exactly what you described in your post.