Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Maytag Refrigerator Model MSD2756DEB is not cooling properly

Default Maytag Refrigerator Model MSD2756DEB is not cooling properly

Model Number: MSD2756DEB
    Brand: Maytag

Hi,

Our 4.5 year old Maytag refrigerator is having cooling problems. we have milk and juice getting bad over the last few days. The freezer seems to be working properly.There was condensation problem inside the fridge area. I cleaned it up and still it is not getting any better. The fridge area is not warm but it still is not cool as it used to be. What might be the cause of the problem? Please help!

Suk

Hi,

**refrigerator is having cooling problems. we have milk and juice getting bad over the last few days. The freezer seems to be working properly**

Some simple things to check for....

http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_notcold.html

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

I have a similar but, smaller model as you purchased in 2001. The problem you're having sounds like one I had. The freezer worked fine but, the refrigerator section didn't. Water would drain from the upper left area of the refrigerator and also not much airflow from the cold air supply vent.

The repairman determined that the refrigerator door seal on the handle side was not completely sealing allowing too much humid air into the unit. The humid air would freeze in the duct work to the refrigerator section blocking off all the cold air flow. The freezer cooled just fine.

The repairman used a hair dryer to try and reshape the seal. It was sealing when he left but, I checked it a few days later and there was still a gap. The door must have been somewhat warped (They're not very rigid in the first place). I ended up adjusting the door slightly so it sealed the whole length of the door.

When I say adjusted I mean I tried to close the door on my hand placed at the good sealing portion of the door and pressed with my foot on the area that didn't seal. The door is flexible enough to allow quite a bit of adjustment. If you find this problem you'll either have to shut off the refrigerator and thaw it out or take the duct work apart and get rid of the ice. Good luck.

I have model MSD2756DEW with the same symptoms. freezer is cold but refrig is barely cool. Got Maytag out today diagx =
    Adaptive Defrost Assembly P/N: 61005988. The fix alone is only 5 mins.

1) check Freezer to see if there frost on back panel toward the bottom. Open up panel reveal coil was freeze over.
    That confirm diag.
    2) On Refrig side. Open top control panel. right side toward the end ...there is a piece of electronic. un-plug and plug in new part.
    3) Defrost freezer and everything is working again. Fix alone is 5 mins for the unscrew and replace an open electronic part. In my opinion, this is a bad design. There is moisture in refrig and they left this piece of electronic in the open. There will be a short, it's just matter of time.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Yes i have changed alot of these in the last 5 years, but now they come with a plastic cover all around the circuit board.

61005988 Defrost Control Board

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

**The fix alone is only 5 mins.**

??

Remove power, remove freezer back wall, check defrost heater and defrost thermostat, remove covers in FF section and replace adaptive defrost board and then defrost the frosted up coils in the freezer and reinstall the covers....if someone can do that in 5 minutes they are much better at this than I am :P

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

I believe that I havea similar problem with my MSD2556AEW unit. Despite my best efforts I cannot locate the Adaptive Defrost Control board. I can remove the large cover at the top of my refrigerator compartment. This reveals nothing in the way of electrical components.

Can someone help pinpoint the location of the control board?

Thank you!

Matt

Hi,

Its at the right back corner once you have that console cover off.

Number 13 here in the picture below.

Jake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MaytagDefrost.jpg 
Views:	15857 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	38  
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thank you for the diagram. I just had to remove a couple more screws. Now for the results:

I shorted the test pins, and I could hear a click sound.But, the fridge did not shut off. Instead, I could hear a high pitched rattling sound. The curious thing about this is that the rattling sound did not stop until I started to put the console cover back in place. I unplugged the fridge and repeated this test with the same results. I'm not sure what the sounds I heard are all about, but I'm guessing that there is a problem with the board based on the fact that the fridge does not shut off.

I'm planning to order a new control board and post my results here in the hope of helping out the next guy...

--Matt

**I'm not sure what the sounds I heard are all about, but I'm guessing that there is a problem with the board based on the fact that the fridge does not shut off.**

I have had the same results happen to me....-sounds- like ( no pun intended ) like the defrost board is bad.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast