Social Buttons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] GE Profile Arctica won't dispense water

Unhappy [FIXED] GE Profile Arctica won't dispense water

Model Number: PSS25MGNAWW
    Brand: GE

My fridge won't dispense water through the door. Everything else works fine. When I depress the lever, I can hear a "click' from the mother board, but no water. The lines are not frozen. I verified this by taking them blowing through each line. When I blew through the line leading to the water outlet in the door, water came out, so I know it is not frozen. All other lines were clear. I noticed a build up of mold on the flapper that conrols the ice comming from the chute, so I had sprayed this with Bleach. Is it possible I may have gotten the solenoid wet, causing it to fail. It was working prior to that. Or could it be the dual valve or mother board? I have my reverse osmosis running to the fridge for ice and water, and I was sanitizing the system when the trouble began. Any ideas of what may be going on here? Any advice would be great.

since the motherboard relay reacts when you try to dispense water the problem is not at the dispenser but is either at the dual water inlet valve or at the motherboard or a wiring problem from the motherboard to the dual valve. If you have a multi-meter check the resistance through the coil at the dual valve and also check voltage at the plug while depressing the water dispenser lever. let us know the readings.
    here is a picture of the dual valve...
    http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...er=PSS25MGNAWW
    Last edited by jackofalltrades; February 2nd, 2011 at 04:50 PM.

Default GE Profile Arctica won't dispense water

Thanks for the information. I will check out the readings and get back to you.

Default GE Profile Arcitca water not working - Resistance and Voltage results

Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    since the motherboard relay reacts when you try to dispense water the problem is not at the dispenser but is either at the dual water inlet valve or at the motherboard or a wiring problem from the motherboard to the dual valve. If you have a multi-meter check the resistance through the coil at the dual valve and also check voltage at the plug while depressing the water dispenser lever. let us know the readings.
    Water Inlet Valve (part #880070) from RepairClinic.com
    I tested the resistance at the valve. I started at "1", and the resistance went to a -1.202, -1.167, -0.89, etc.... All the numbers show were all negative. I know very little about metering, so I don't know what this means. The settings on my meter start at 200, 2k, 20k, 200k, and 2M. I set it at 2k. Didn't know which one to use, so I picked that one. I tested the voltage at the plug while depressing the water lever and it came up as 120.1. It would appear it is getting power. Let me know if this is helpfull or not, or if I can check anything else. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Thanks a lot for the help. I just ordered the part.

I have one question. In an earlier thread you said to "check the resistance through the coil at the dual valve" with a multi-meter. I checked the resistance, but I checked on the plug. How do I go about checking the resistance at the coil? I already ordered the dual valve, but now I am second guessing my metering skills. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDeta...er=PSS25MGNAWW
    I got the dual water valve today and I installed it. Still not working. But there is some good news. When I press the lever in the door, the dual valve hums and vibrates like it is trying to work. A very small amount of water came out, but that may have been a fluke. The water in the clear water line coming out of the valve to the holding tank in the fride moves like it is trying to progress forward, but when the lever is released, it goes back. It is almost as if something is clogged in a line somewhere. If I take that same line and disconncect it, and blow into it, I can get water to come out of the dispensor. It almost seems like it is somthing with the holding tank in the fridge that is not letting the water out. When I press the lever, I can see the water moving towards the holding tank from within the fridge, but no watre leaves the holding tank. Do you have any suggestions as to what it might be?

check the water pressure coming to the dual valve. Turn off the water to the refrigerator. Remove the water supply line from the dual valve and place the supply line in a bucket. Have someone turn the water back on and observe the force of the water coming out of the supply line. It should be coming out with a force strong enough that if you held the water supply line parallel to the floor, the stream of water should travel about 3 or 4 feet across the floor. Since your water is going through a reverse osmosis filtering system the pressure may be too low at the dual valve .

As it turns out, the water pressure coming out of my RO system was too low. I increased it, and it works fine now. It must have been a coincidence that the dual valve and the loss of pressure in the system happened at the same time. Thank you very much for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast