Thread: furnace shuts off

Default furnace shuts off

Model Number: gmp 100-3
    Brand: other

My janitrol furnace runs about 10 minutes and then the gas shuts down, the fan keeps running and after 2 minutes the ignitor comes back on, lights and cycles again for about the same time. I have replaced the flame sensor and the automatic limit switch inside the box. Any help would be appreciated.

Default added

also when I bypasses the high limit switch in side the box--the furnace will run ok--something is tripping the switch, but what?

A dirty filter or blower squirrel cage causes too much cycling. Your furnace will go off on high limit continuously because it is not getting enough airflow through the heat exchanger. The furnace goes off on high limit to keep from overheating the furnace and possibly causing a fire. This is why it is very important to keep those filters changed.
    A dirty restricted air conditioning evaporator coil causes restricted airflow that causes too much cycling. Make sure your coil is not stopped up on the underneath side. I usually have to take off the coil end plates and use a vacuum cleaner and coil cleaner to get all the lint and dirt off. Make sure you clean in the direction the coil fins are running. If you do not, it will bend the fins over and cause more restrictions

Thank You, I will try cleaning