Social Buttons
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] Kenmore HE2 washer clothes wet

Default [FIXED] Kenmore HE2 washer clothes wet

Model Number: 110.46462501
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Need some help. My washer was stopping mid-cycle and leaving clothes wet. I ran the diagnostic and it showed "add garment" (F01). I replaced the CCU (and the bellow as it had a tear in it). Ran diagnostic and everything is clear. However, my clothes is still extremely wet (dripping wet) after a normal cycle. In the diagnostic, the drum spins really fast. When there is clothes in it, and I run the Drain and Spin cycle, it spins slowly for a few seconds then stops spinning.

Saw other suggestions on this Forum that it may the MCU, but what else could it be? I'd hate to change the MCU and it be somehting else. Anyway to test the MCU to see if it is working fine? I've already replaced the CCU and the Bellow...when will the repairs stop? Washer is an '06. Didn't think it was old enough to get rid of just yet...

I would first chech if your pump has debris in its filter first,, just remove the lower panel and the pump will be right there, careful, water will come out

Oh yeah. Forgot to mention, I had researched this website before and had done that before I changed the CCU. It had a bunch of things I had been missing (crayons, erasers, tool bits, money). I didn't even know that drain existed until I found the info here.

I don't understand why it spins fast on the diagnostic, but does not do it when I run the wash w/ clothes in it. I have not run a regular cycle w/o clothes to see if it spins fast. I'll try that tonight.

I would lean towards the pump starting to fail,, wait till we have Jake's advice also

Yes, you will need to lift up your drain hose from the drain stand and watch how fast the water drains in the drain cycle, it should have a lot of pressure coming out when draining, if not, then your water pump is bad, OR you have a clog up above the water pump in that pump hose or drain ball.

You'll need to remove the tub to pump hose#6 here:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K0511005-00005.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	16862

by removing the #5 clamp and the drain ball#4.

Here's the water pump for your model you can order here if needed:
    Drain Pump W10130913 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Let us know what you find.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

I checked the drain flow yesterday when doing the diagnostic, it was coming out pretty fast (like a faucet). I'll check again w/ the regular cycle running. Would it be different?

I'll also check above the strainer, in the tube as you mentioned. Can I access that through the lower front panel, like when I check the strainer, or do I need to remove the entire front panel?

Curious why a clogged drain/faulty pump could affect the spin speed?

Yes, you can access it from just the bottom access panel without removing the whole front panel.

Curious why a clogged drain/faulty pump could affect the spin speed?
    Because if all the water is not out of the tub, it will never get up to the high spin speed.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Just checked the drain hose from tub to pump. It was clear. There was only a little bit of water that came out of the drain cap when I opened it. No water in the hose, and clear going up to the tub.

I watched a regular cycle. Machine spun fast during the wash stage. When it got to spin (after rinse), it only spins like 2-3 turns then stops spinning. The two towels I had in there were super soaked...

Any other ideas?

Did you try to bring up the error code history like it says on Page #6-5 and 6-6 here: https://secured.whirlpool.com/Servic...LE/8178558.pdf

Possibly the MCU, but would like to make sure.

Whirlpool W10197864 Cntrl-Elec - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Just ran it again. It all ran fine (high speed during the rinse and spin). No error codes.

BTW, when I checked the tub to drain tube, the ball was inside the tube (under the little hole). Is that where it belongs, or should it be on top of the hole?

Jake, you had posted in another thread that if they bought the part from a specific place and it did not fix the problem, it could be returned and full credit received. I don't mind giving that a shot, if we think it is the MCU. I just didn't want to go through that trouble if the problem could have been elsewhere. Drain and drain pump seem to be okay. Is there anything else to look at?

A little note on machine location. The washer is not directly in front of the house drain. The washer is about 4' to the right. I did not extend the drain hose, it's the same one that came w/ the machine, and the house drain is at least 30" off the floor. I don't think this makes a difference, as it was working fine for a few years. Just wanted to bring it up, in case you thought this may be related to the problem (although I think we cleared the drain as a possible root cause).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast