Social Buttons

Thread: Jenn air jcd2389ge ice maker not working

Default Jenn air jcd2389ge ice maker not working

Model Number: jcd2389ge
    Brand: Jenn-Air

Hi,
    I have a Jenn air jcd2389ge side by side and the ice maker stopped producing ice. this has happened before when a chunk of ice does not get ejected into the hopper and the cycle cannot continue. I cleaned out everything but nothing is happening. I have not done anything further and am wondering where to start. Thanks for your help.
    Jon Z

Ok Jon,

So you removed the ice chunk and now nothing is happening? Feel inside the ice maker tray and see if all the ice slots are full.

To manually start the ice maker cycle:
    Short T & H with an insulated piece of wire ( 14 gauge) with the ends of the wire bare approx 1/2" to run the ice maker motor. icemaker modual test procedures, how to test, test points, repair sheets, the ice cubes stay in my icemaker and will not come out, black marks in the cubes

Jump T & H while holding your freezer light switch in.

Then leave the jumper wire in T & H for about 15-20 seconds, after you see the gear moving.

Then watch it cycle and towards the end of the cycle it should put water in then stop.

Let us know what you find.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order here is needed:
    Manufacturer's Number: D7824706Q

D7824706Q

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hi Jake,
    I pulled off the cover and tried to jump with a wire. It went in pretty far but nothing happpened. The gear did not turn and there was not noise or sound of any sort.

Remove the wire harness from the ice maker and Ohm the in-line thermal fuse, its the black wire located on the wiring harness. If that in-line thermal fuse is open, then we found the problem.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hi Jake,
    Here's the update: When I began to move the plug to disconnect the harness to follow your advice, by just moving it the gear began to turn. Cool right? Well a week or so of ice - which tasted not very good by the way - the thing stopped again. This morning I unplugged the harness, becuase wiggling it again did not solve the problem, and see there is not black wire, so i go for a screw driver to remove the panel with the gear figuring it was behind it. I no sooner touch the screw driver to the screw and the paddle thing in that pushes the ice out moves as if it hade been stuck. i did check to be sure there were no chuncks in there before starting all of this. I plugged the harness back in and the thing works again. I give up, either i am magic or my fridge is possesed. My wife wonders if the problem may be somewhere else and this is just a symtpom. Maybe the temp is causing thawing and freezing of the ice??
    This unit is 10 years old and i have a hate-hate relationship with it. i have been looking at new Samsungs but cant justify spending the money. Do you have any thoughts?
    Thanks for everything.
    Jon Z

Yes, Its going to be difficult to figure out whats going on without me being there to see myself, I hate to speculate with this issue.

Memorial Day Weekend is the best time to buy new appliances, Sears and most other appliance stores have their annual Memorial Day Weekend sales with deep discounts.

Why get Samsung? Buy American, get Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Frigidaire.

I found many American brands on the Sears.com site that are much cheaper than Samsung and better built to boot.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts