Social Buttons

Thread: LG WM2487HRM Washer Troubleshooting Help

Default LG WM2487HRM Washer Troubleshooting Help

Model Number: WM2487HRM
    Brand: LG

I searched, but couldn't find a solution to this one. LG Washer, 4.5 years old, no issues until recently. No trouble codes, ran QC test mode, and had no problems.

Washer started turning itself on randomly (control panel lights up). Only way to turn it off was to unplug. Once plugged back in, it will run one load with no issues, but the light inside the drum will not shut off when it's finished running, and none of the buttons on the control panel will function (control panel is shut off, can't get it to power up). If I unplug the power, and plug it back in, the control panel powers up, and we can run one load, then have the same problem.

I have a multimeter, but wouldn't know where to start. I'm assuming this is some electrical component that needs replaced, and would rather do it myself than pay someone else. Any help would be appreciated!

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't work on LG washers.

Hopefully another tech. or member can assist you.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Husky44 View Post
    I searched, but couldn't find a solution to this one. LG Washer, 4.5 years old, no issues until recently. No trouble codes, ran QC test mode, and had no problems.

Washer started turning itself on randomly (control panel lights up). Only way to turn it off was to unplug. Once plugged back in, it will run one load with no issues, but the light inside the drum will not shut off when it's finished running, and none of the buttons on the control panel will function (control panel is shut off, can't get it to power up). If I unplug the power, and plug it back in, the control panel powers up, and we can run one load, then have the same problem.

I have a multimeter, but wouldn't know where to start. I'm assuming this is some electrical component that needs replaced, and would rather do it myself than pay someone else. Any help would be appreciated!
    You have a problem with the control board and needs to be replaced. It sounds like the control board program is corrupted.