Thread: GE Dishwasher troubleshooting...need help

Default GE Dishwasher troubleshooting...need help

Model Number: GHDA656L00SS
    Brand: GE

I have a GE Adora dishwasher (model# GHDA656L00SS), Quiet Power 3. It has been a good dishwasher and I have replaced the pump once before and maybe another part (I can't remember). Anyway, I just realized that the top arms are not spinning and the detergent soap is not dispensing from the detergent compartment. I tried using liquid soap and same problem, it's leaves a bunch of soap in the compartment. With the top arms not spinning and the detergent issue, I was thinking it was the water pressure and maybe I need to replace the pump again? Anybody have any suggestions/comments/recommendations?

After it first fills open the door and see how high the water level comes to, normal would be about 1-3 inches below the heating element.

Also feel the water to see how hot it is.

Then let it run about 5 minutes then open the door and see if there are any suds in it. If too much suds that will cause poor water pump circulation as well.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Fingers crossed...I think I found the problem

I did not mention on my thread that I had already pulled the dishwasher, but that turned out to be a good thing. I was planning on hooking it back up and following your advice, when I saw a piece of what looked like to be a calcium chunk fall out of the water inlet valve from the side the hot water is connected. I had read that sometimes this can get clogged and there is a screen in there (on some other threads on the web). So, I figured since I had it out already I would investigate further. I took the water inlet valve off the dishwasher and took it apart. Basically, two brass fittings, 4 screws that connected one brass fitting to the water inlet and then I could access the screen. Well, I couldn't even see the screen because there was so much gunk built up in the area, but after getting a toothpick in there to clean the stuff out (and there was a lot of it), I got it clean and put back together. I imagine that this is why the water pressure was so low and why maybe my top arm was not spinning...and prob why the water was not cleaning out the detergent out of the detergent compartment. Anyway, fingers crossed. I installed the dishwasher last night and am waiting to hear from my tenants how things work out.

Ok, hopefully that took care of it.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts