Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whirlpool oven error code F3 E2

Default Whirlpool oven error code F3 E2

Model Number: RBS245PDB11
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a Whirlpool built-in oven model # RBS245PDB11. Since a recent power outage, we've had problems with the bake operation. I've replaced the bake element but still have heating problems. The bake operation no longer has the pre-heat function, and will only 'try' to start baking when the tempature setting is cranked up to 400-450+ but then will just shut down. The broil feature seems to start OK but then also shuts off and displays error code F3 E2. No error code comes up when I'm trying the bake feature. I see the code calls for a tempeture sensor, but with no code generated on the bake feature I'm not 100% sure this will fix the whole problem. Could this be a combination of two bad part? I don't want to just through parts at the problem, so any help / direction would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Here is the listing for this error code.
    F3 - E2 Oven too hot Replace oven temperature sensor
    Is this what is on the tech sheet in your range??

I haven't checked the tech sheet for my oven. The error code discription I mentioned 'temperature sensor' was retrieved from the error code chart posted on this site. Will the tech sheet for my range be in the owners manual? If F3 - E2 Oven too hot Replace oven temperature sensor is correct, will simply replacing the temperature sensor fix the problem? I'll check through my paperwork / manuals tonight for the tech sheet. Thanks for the quick response!

Mike

The tech sheet will be hidden in your range somewhere, not in the users manual

Default answer

thats an absolutely correct answer

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mlamont
    I haven't checked the tech sheet for my oven. The error code discription I mentioned 'temperature sensor' was retrieved from the error code chart posted on this site. Will the tech sheet for my range be in the owners manual? If F3 - E2 Oven too hot Replace oven temperature sensor is correct, will simply replacing the temperature sensor fix the problem? I'll check through my paperwork / manuals tonight for the tech sheet. Thanks for the quick response!

Mike
    Yes it will

I've replaced the temp. sensor and have already replaced the bake element with no success. Part are FSP factory replacement parts. Even with the new sensor the oven kicks out the code E2 F3 after 4-5 minute of trying to heat up. Both elements do get hot but no where close to cooking temp., so they are receiving power. I have not been able to find the tech sheet. Other noted symptoms: The pre heat feature does not start when I select bake or broil. The cooling fans seems to run all of the time / never shuts off. After the 4-5 minutes of trying to heat up, just before displaying the error code, the door lock inguages by itself. Any other thoughts or suggestions would be great. If this oven was old I'd just replace it but it's only about 3 years old. If there are other symptoms I should be checking for that would help diognose the problem please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

Default oven

it sounds like it is trying to self clean, its essential that you find the error code sheet, stuck in the stove, also check your range settings
    Luger

I'm assuming the error code sheet is in the body of the oven. I'll remove the oven today and retrieve the code sheet, although my research on the internet shows F3-E2 is going to be the temp. sensor. That being the case, with new sensor installed, what is my next? I'll check the OHMs for the new senser (1000 @ 70 deg.) but it should be OK. Is their an inline fuse for the temp. sensor circuit? If the Thermal fuse is bad, would I still be getting heat from the elements? That leads to the electronic control board, could my problem really be the control board and it's kicking out the error code F#-E2 because it just 'thinks' the sensor is bad?

Thanks again for all the help, you guys are great.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mlamont
    error code F#-E2
    Should be F3-E2, no need for me to complicate this any more than it need to be!

Thanks again,

Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast