Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [FIXED] GE Profile Oven F7 error messages!

Default [FIXED] GE Profile Oven F7 error messages!

My GE Profile built in convection/thermal wall oven constantly flashes F7 error messages. In the past I've been able to clean the ribbon wire to the display panel and it would resume normal operation, but lately no luck.
    Any advice?

F7 Stuck Button
    1. Function pad button stuck or
    2. Bad clock. Try to free stuck button or
    3. Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC).

Default Four cases of F7's!

Three of my neighbors and I have the same GE profile double oven (new home development) and we've all have the same problem as you described-F7. I discovered the old clean the flex cable connector trick and it worked great at the start. It seems the problem occurs more frequently over time, however.

One of my friends also bought a similar model GE double oven (without consulting me) and has just obtained the same error.

As far as I can tell, to replace the control pad and ERC, the cost is approx. $250-300, to replace them myself. I guess I weary of getting this fixed if it's a design problem. What if the error occurs a year later? Would like to approach GE with my neighbors and see if they'd be willing to cut us some slack. Not sure at this point...

Any ideas?

Hi,

Very interesting that all 4 of you have the same F7's.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default GE Oven F7 error message solution

I have a five year old Kenmore double oven using a GE control. The control "failed" after four and one-half years. I replaced the ERC and touchpanel. The replacement failed after four months! Being an engineer, I was determined to find the root cause of these failures. After a period of investigation, I found what I believe to be the basic problem and have developed a simple fix. So now I have a working oven and a working spare set of controls. If anyone wishes to know more, they can e-mail me at hutchipop@yahoo.com.

Talking

Greetings, all!

I highly recommend Powerman's 'fix' offered above. My GE oven woke me up VERY early this morning chiming the F7 warning and the only thing I could do to keep it quiet was shut the breaker off. After a brief internet search, I found this forum and contacted Powerman for his fix.

It took me all of about 30 minutes to perform, since I was reading his documentation and had never looked behind the control panel of my oven before. If I had to do it now it'd take 5 minutes max, no more. Simple, quick fix and costs nothing.

'F7' warning is now gone, and the oven functions perfectly!

Also, in case anyone is wondering, this fix does not change the functionality of the oven (it's not like disarming a sensor or something to make the thing shut up). It basically addresses the fault in the design.

Contact him at the address above if you're interested in a quick, free fix. Highly recommended!

Joel

Default What's the secret to the F7 error fix?

Hmm, I have written Powerman twice about his fix for the F7 error, but he may be too busy or unavailable to reply. What's the secret? We have an 8-year-old GE double wall oven which has worked without problems until recently, but now we cannot get rid of the F7 error. Before I plunk $150+ for a new control panel, I'd like to see if this fix will work. From these postings, it sounds like there's a fundamental problem with the design of this control.

Thanks a lot for any help!

I emailed Powerman about a month or 2 ago, to see if he would make his repair public, instead of emailing him for it, he said he would after he got back from a trip he had to take out of the country, guess he had some other problems to deal with, so I don't know if he will be back or not.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

The solution developed by Powerman worked like a charm and was accomplished in 10 minutes total! Big thanks to Powerman for coming up with this solution. Also a Big thanks to Rascal Audio for helping out!!!

Default "F7'd" on Thanksgiving

I have a single builtin electric wall oven GE truetemp model JKP15 purchased in 1999. The only way to stop the F7 error and the alert tone that goes with it is flip the breaker. Will the double oven fix work for me?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast