Thread: IQ-Touch Panel Not Woking

Default IQ-Touch Panel Not Woking

Model Number: EI26SS55GS
    Brand: Electrolux

Bought this 8/08. Using the touch panel I can only decrease freezer temperature. I can not increase freezer temperature or adjust refer temperature up or down. All the control buttons across the top and bottom work as expected except 'Fast Ice'. Get no response from fast ice button. Some of the indicator lights remain lit all the time, very dimly. >>
    Do you think this is just a touch panel problem or an indication of other problems? Will replacing the panel fix the control problems? >>
    I just recently noticed this. It has probably been that way from the start. The panel has a new part number. Original was 241836002 and now it is 5303918540. Both are still available with the original being considerably less expensive.>>
    Everything else about the unit works just fine except the gate on the ice crusher broke, think that was my fault. Replacing that is no problem for me. The only other thing I have had to do is change the water filter a couple of times. I am OK with the default temperature settings of 0 and 37 degrees. If I do nothing can I expect it to continue to operate as it has?>>

The main power board, and what I suspect is causing the problem, is located under the refrigerator and covered with a metal cover. You can remove and inspect it for any signs of burned contacts or a discoloration around any of the electrical parts. Here is what it looks like on your machine:
    Control Board 5303918523 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Here's the part you listed, it comes with everything, but the price is very high at currently $373:
    Manufacturer Number 5303918540

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hi Gary, another member is having the same issue, how did you make out on yours?

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I decided to live with the panel as is. The default temperatures are 0 and 37 and the fast ice button doesn't work and I fixed the ice crusher.
    The refer was under Lowe's extended warranty. They elected not to fix it and paid me the purchase price, over 2k.

Ok thanks Gary for the update.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

This is the exact same issue that I'm having (plus or minus a few things). If anyone was able to fix this please let me know what it was. Thanks again, Dave

--I can only decrease the temperature (not increase) or adjust refer remperature
    --All the control buttons across the top and bottom work as expected except 'Fast Ice'. Get no response from fast ice button.
    ---Some of the indicator lights remain lit all the time, very dimly.

There was mention above about needing Manufacturer Number 5303918540 which is the complete set (main board, panel and wiring). I was wondering if there is one piece that is more commonly the cause of this issue instead of purchasing the entire set?

Quote Originally Posted by sirdave4 View Post
    There was mention above about needing Manufacturer Number 5303918540 which is the complete set (main board, panel and wiring). I was wondering if there is one piece that is more commonly the cause of this issue instead of purchasing the entire set?
    Thats a good question, but I don't know if one part will fix it rather than the kit, lets see if anyone else posts here to confirm.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Here is another thread on the problem. http://www.applianceblog.com/mainfor...t-working.html
    Looks like the 5303918540 part did not fix his problem.
    I am the OP on this thread. I have done nothing to fix the panel yet. I had to replace the ice auger and crusher flap, mechanical failure. When I got everything back together the solenoid that kicks the crusher flap did not kick in when it should. The solenoid works on the bench but it is not getting the signal to close when installed. A couple of the LED segments on the freezer temp indication have also gone out.
    I am still listening if anyone comes up with a solution.