Social Buttons
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bosch dishwashers

I don't know about repair manuals, but Appliance Parts Pros have the parts diagrams on their parts pages. This includes *wiring diagrams* as well as just the usual exploded diagrams. I spent a carefree few minutes looking at the wiring diagrams to understand why our *brand new* Bosch SHX56B dishwasher won't do anything except fill, sit for an hour, and drain the day after it was installed.

Next time I trust the horror stories on the shopping opinion sites. I can't remember the last time anything I bought needed warranty repairs, let along repairs in the first week.

Robert

Hi Jeff!

Help! I pulled the dishwasher out from the wall too far while tipping it to fix another part, and the flexitube in the back that drains the waste water out came free of the dishwasher.

How do I get the bottom/back/front off to get to the junction and replace this tubing? It looks so easy, but the thing is made like a bank vault.

It's a SHU3006UC, if that helps.

I got it!

There are two screws on the rubber gasket on either side of the front when you open the door. I took off the two on the left side and slide off the left panel. Down at the bottom at the back of the left side is a series of tubing for outlet stuff. So I just plugged the end back in and presto!

That was fun. Not bad for a girl's first time messing around with appliances!

**Down at the bottom at the back of the left side is a series of tubing for outlet stuff. So I just plugged the end back in and presto!**

Good job!!

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default dishwasher

i purchased a bosch dishwasher but see no heating element.do all dish washers have a heating element.if so where would this one be.not having problems just wanted to know.thanks

Yes, there's an element located under the lower wash arm/cover assembly.
    Some disassembly is required to gain access to the heating element when it is necessary to do so.

John

My father is interested in purchasing a repair manual for Bosch dishwashers (he has two, I'm not sure if they are the same model). One of the dishwashers is having a problem, the complete wash cycle is taking more than three hours. He called Bosch and they suggested that the problem is with the heating element, but he is unable to locate where it is in the machine.

Thanks,
    Verena
    Hello

I have been a Bosch Technician for over 12 years I hope I can be of assistance to you. The unit will run continuously during a water heating cycle if there is a fault within the Heating circuit itself. It would be of great help to me if you could provide the Model and Serial number to your unit then I could tell you how to find the source of your issue. The Bosch uses a flow through heater assembly that is located below the tank inline with the wash motor. It is definitely not something I would recommend changing unless you have diagnosed the unit correctly and found the heater assembly to be faulty. If the Heater proves to be faulty I would recommend it be changed by a Bosch Technician.

If you have an electronic model it is more likely an open solder connection on the back of your control unit. This would be an easier and more cost effective repair. The solder connection can be repaired by simply reordering the connection. The most common reason for the heater relay contact opening is low incoming water temperature. Bosch recommends a minimum of 130 degrees F of incoming water to your Dishwasher. You can prevent further failures by running your hot water at your kitchen sink until it gets as hot as possible. This will ensure your unit fills with the optimum incoming water temperature. It will also aid in delaying wash cycle times and save you energy, since the heating element in your dishwasher consumes the most electricity preheating the incoming water will minimize the need for the unit to heat. Thus saving you money, and excessive heat generation in your element circuit will prevent the heater relay from failing again.
    If you can provide me with your Model and Serial #'s I can give you more precise instructions.

Default Bosh SHI4300 food residue (why such a stupid design)

Hi Jeff1:

I placed the above post a few days ago & you replied but did not give me an answer to the question: why is there so much food residue in the Bosch d/w's & not in other makes? The problem seems to be a filter on the bottom that traps all residue "inside" the d/w. Since I don't see others complaining about this I think it is because almost everybody thoroughly rinses their dishes (at 25 gal/min of water), contrary to all advice, before inserting the dishes, therefore bypassing the problem. This is what I have read about & seen in every house I have ever visited. No body does it properly. American d/w's deal very well with the residue problem however; the several I have had (maytag, kitchen aid) have much more sophisticated disposal mechanisms. Never is there loose food after cleaning.
    What is your opinion? Is this the right forum to ask this question?

Ron

Can you help with thoughts on what may be the cause of a "humm" instead of the circulation pump operating on a BOSCH SHU5315 series?

The unit fills fine, then at the time the circ-pump should start, we hear the relay click, then just a "hummm". The impeller has no debris (may have in the past, but clean now), motor turns freely manully. Test code shows no fault -- altho I shut it down after 5 min of listening to the motor humm then 30 sec later shut off, then cycle the 'hummm' again.

Could this be the run/start capacitor? Other things to look for?

Heater continuity is fine. The unit fills fine and to the level. On reset, the unit drains fine, too.

Help?
    Chet.

Quote Originally Posted by bowdidge
    I don't know about repair manuals, but Appliance Parts Pros have the parts diagrams on their parts pages. This includes *wiring diagrams* as well as just the usual exploded diagrams. I spent a carefree few minutes looking at the wiring diagrams to understand why our *brand new* Bosch SHX56B dishwasher won't do anything except fill, sit for an hour, and drain the day after it was installed.

Next time I trust the horror stories on the shopping opinion sites. I can't remember the last time anything I bought needed warranty repairs, let along repairs in the first week.

Robert
    Hi, no kidding this is the worse machine I have ever owned.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast