Thread: Frigidaire Washer (FTF2140FS1) "Normal" Cycle not Working

Default Frigidaire Washer (FTF2140FS1) "Normal" Cycle not Working

Model Number: FTF2140FS1
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hey everyone,

My Frigidaire Washer (FTF2140FS1) has been acting a little strange lately. For some reason, out of the blue, the "Normal" cycle that we usually leave use has stopped working. When I press the start button the door locks but nothing else happens.

The weird thing is that all the other cycles seem to work without a problem. We have been washing our clothes now on the "Sport" and "Heavy" cycles, but I would like to fix this if at all possible.

With the help of posters on this board I learned how to fix a non-draining washer, so now I hope I can get some help with my next problem.

Thanks!

Ok, check for an error code first.

Here's the repair manual for your model: www.applianceblog.com/manuals/5995413084_Washer_2004.pdf

You have the "GOOD" model(non-digital display). So an error code will be read with the flashing lights you count.

Read page 10 of that repair manual.

Let us know.

But it sounds like the main control board is bad since its happening to only that NORMAL cycle thats not working.

Here's the control board for your model:
    Frigidaire 137005000 Control Board - AppliancePartsPros.com

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Thanks Jake!

I will try this once I get home from work today or tomorrow, and I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks again, talk to you soon.
    Kevin

Ok Kevin, sounds good.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Hi Onemachado,

I do not know if you have fixed your washer so I will post this for you and any others who will encounter the same thing. I received the following fix that worked for my Affinity washer. Turn the washer display on by rotating the knob to any cycle, press and hold the spin speed and soil level buttons at the same time until the display reads 'Restore default'. Wallah, you have now reset the board to factory settings and your normal wash should now work! You may have to unplug the washer afterwards, wait a couple of minutes and plug back in. I did not have to unplug for my fix to work but the tech said sometimes you have to perform the second step too.

On my Frigidaire Affinity (FAFW4011LW) washer, the technique that works is:

1. Turn the dial to the wash mode that is not working (temperature/spin settings disabled).

2. Press and hold the spin speed and options buttons. After a few seconds, the LED display shows "Cln". Press "Start".

The temp and spin speed selections should be reenabled at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by onemachado View Post
    Hey everyone,

My Frigidaire Washer (FTF2140FS1) has been acting a little strange lately. For some reason, out of the blue, the "Normal" cycle that we usually leave use has stopped working. When I press the start button the door locks but nothing else happens.

The weird thing is that all the other cycles seem to work without a problem. We have been washing our clothes now on the "Sport" and "Heavy" cycles, but I would like to fix this if at all possible.

With the help of posters on this board I learned how to fix a non-draining washer, so now I hope I can get some help with my next problem.

Thanks!

i just wanted to thank you guys , for about 7 months my regular cycle stopped working , and today my casual cycle stopped . so i decided to look online and figure out what was going on. i did what you guys said and i was shocked and amazed...it worked. my hubby was about to throw the thing out. i am so very happy i found this forum, it really was a great help... thank you thank you thank you