Social Buttons

Thread: Maytag washer won't fill

Default Maytag washer won't fill

Hi Guys,

I just bought a six year old Maytag Full Size Stacked Washer-Dryer and it was working fine until a coupla days ago. Now nothing happens when I pull the knob out. No sound, no water, nothing.
    I can get it to spin if I turn the knob over to spin so I don't think it's the door switch.
    Any suggestions? I hate laundromats.

Thanks

Hi,

Model#?

http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

I hate laundromats
    Hey.... I own one

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default Hi Jeff,

The model number is LSG7806AAE.

Hi,

Not filling can certainly be a bad fill valve, water taps shut off, kinked fill hoses...but this unit should have a fuse in the fill circuit. Check for it on the left side inside the washer cabinet. Sometimes the fuse will let go if the lid switch sticks, the fuse prvents the fills from working so the washer can't be used with the lid open.

Lid switch & fuse assembly

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default Had that thing out Sunday

Hey Jeff,

I took that thing out last Sunday and I tested the two switches that were housed in the assembly, one black and one white. They seem to work oppositionally, (the door lever presses one or the other depending if it's open or closed), right? I got a bright light on the tester when I tested the black switch and a dim light when I tested the white switch. Does this mean anything to you? You're dealing with a carpenter here so go easy! I also noticed a glass automotive type fuse inside the washer cabinet on the left side about knee high and tested the power going through it from both ends(I couldn't yank the thing out to visually inspect it, plus I got shocked !!) and it seems fine. Is this the fuse you are talking about?

Thanks,
    Sean

I also noticed a glass automotive type fuse inside the washer cabinet on the left side about knee high. Is this the fuse you are talking about?
    Yes.

and tested the power going through it from both ends(I couldn't yank the thing out to visually inspect it, plus I got shocked !!) and it seems fine.
    Suppose to remove power before sticking your hands in there Remove the fuse and ohm it for continuity.

I tested the two switches that were housed in the assembly, one black and one white. They seem to work oppositionally
    Oppositionally - yupper...one usually opens when one closes, if one tacks/sticks closed the second on will blow the fuse.

I got a bright light on the tester when I tested the black switch and a dim light when I tested the white switch. Does this mean anything to you?
    A light testor...nope!

A couple of online diagrams I found that may help....

One
    Two

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Default and there was much rejoicing

Jeff,

It was the fuse. I decided to replace that first as it was the cheapest, and immediately I heard a robust stream of water. And no, that wasn't me peeing myself with joy cuz I saved many dollars. I still don't understand why the voltage tester lit up when I touched it to either end of the fuse(that's why I was working hot, the voltage tester has no power source). Is that because I was using a voltage tester and not a continuity tester? Remember,..............CARPENTER

Many thanks,
    Sean

I heard a robust stream of water. And no, that wasn't me peeing myself with joy cuz I saved many dollars
    LOL

I still don't understand why the voltage tester lit up when I touched it to either end of the fuse
    Feed back from the other side.

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid