Social Buttons

Thread: GE Front Load WCVH6800JWW Kept Pausing, Start/Pause Blinking, No Spin, E22.

Default GE Front Load WCVH6800JWW Kept Pausing, Start/Pause Blinking, No Spin, E22.

Model Number: WCVH6800JWW
    Brand: GE

Hi all,
    I have been reading a few posts on this lovely website and wanted to contribute since I was able to fix my washer using some of the advice I read here. I have a front load GE Washer and it has been giving me some strange problem.

SYMPTOMS:
    Whenever I would start a load, it would run just fine until it had to fill up water in the tub for the next step in the process. I watched it a few times and say that it would fill water above the half mark in the circular window, and then it would drain all that water out and then the start/pause button would start blinking. If I was lucky enough to see that happen, I would hit start/pause and it would continue to the next step working just fine until it had to fill up water for the next step of the cleaning process.

POTENTIAL PROBLEMS:
    The problems, from what people said on this forum were:

• that a hose either outside or inside the machine was kinked
    • that the inlet hose filters located inside the blue water valve were blocked
    • that it was a bad water valve (the blue thing that lets water in)
    • that it could be a off balance drum
    • that the pressure tube had a hole in it

Also, I checked the error log for the machine, thanks to the helpful folks here by following a guide. Basically run a full cycle, unplug your machine for 30 secs, plug it back in, press sensor-delaystart-sensor-delaystart and the washer will go into service mode. The machine will lock and give you a t01 code, rotate the knob to go to t02 and hit start/pause. It will display errors like e22, etc. Keep rotating the knob to see other codes, and hole down the start/pause button to erase all codes.

ACTUAL PROBLEM AND SOLUTION:
    Well, I thought it was a water valve and replaced that but it ended up actually being a hole in the pressure tube, should've checked that first. The design of the machine is such that if you run a heavy load then the swaying of the heavy drum will crush a rubber hose that is located in between the drum and the side of the machine. This will cause a hole in the tube letting air our during the process where water fills in the tub. The machine uses the air pressure to tell if water is being filled or not. If air escapes then the pressure sensor cannot tell if water is being filled at all, which is why I was getting an E22 error (no fill, slow fill). When the water fills up past the halfway mark, the overflow sensor kicks in and automatically drains the water.

The part that I replaced is this one:
    GE WH41X10129 Air_pipe

POSSIBLE SCENARIOS

Good job finding the issue and fixing it, we had another member with the same problem and a hole in his as well: FIXED Washer stops mid cycle

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default the hole-y hose problem

yeah this fixed mine too... had a hole-y hose

Good job fixing yours too.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

I had same problem so I went down to auto store and picked up some vacuum hose longer than what was on my washer and routed it to front of machine with the wires down to where it hooks up at getting it away from any thing that could hit against it. It is working great almost better than it did before. Don't know why they could not have done same thing when they put them together. Thanks all for the help you give on this site.. AL

Excellent, glad to hear that too.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

How do I open my ge frontload washer to fix the air hose

Smile Replacing hose

Quote Originally Posted by rmazurke View Post
    How do I open my ge frontload washer to fix the air hose
    Mine had a few screws in the back of the top which I took out then removed the bottom front cover which had a few screws in it as well to remove it. The top came off easy after all the screws was removed have to really look at where the screws are at to get them all. After top is off you can see the hose it will have a few foam ring around it to keep off drum of washer which a couple of mine fell off. I went to parts store and got a new vacuum hose around three feet and when I replaced it I ran it closer the the out side side cover so it would not come close to drum again just be careful of both ends where the hose attach not to break the plastic ends off. That's all I can think of right now. I know first time it took me around 2 hours to get it all off and to find all the screws and all but it has been doing good ever since..Write back if any more questions.. Hope this helps... AL