Thread: Whirlpool GB2FHDXWQ00 Ice Build-UP in Bottom Freezer

Default Whirlpool GB2FHDXWQ00 Ice Build-UP in Bottom Freezer

Model Number: GB2FHDXWQ00
    Brand: Whirlpool

Recurring ice build-up in bottom of freezer. After presumed defrost cycle, water observed dripping down back panel from vents (slits) in rear vertical freezer panel through which evaporator can be seen. Water pools in freezer bottom, freezes and water ultimately leaks past freezer door seal. I'm thinking that drain is clogged. No water is observed in drip pan in or tube drain. Attempting to access drain from bottom with Q-Tip yielded no moisture. I did not force Q-Tip out of concern for damage.

If it is necessary to acess drain from top, it appears that rear freezer panel must be removed. On the surface, this appears to be a chore, especially with the top freezer drawer and ice maker in the way. This is the first time I have had to service this refrigerator, so not familiar with how it all comes appart.

Hi,

I'm thinking that drain is clogged
    Clogged or restricted yes.

If it is necessary to acess drain from top, it appears that rear freezer panel must be removed
    Yes. #11 in the picture here.

On the surface, this appears to be a chore, especially with the top freezer drawer and ice maker in the way.
    Yes, welcome to our world!

LINK> frig leaking, Fridges, refrigerators, not cold enough, frost free problems and how to test, noisy fan motors, clicking on and off compressors, door gaskets
    LINK> Defrost drain freezes and then overflows on my refrigerator

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid