Thread: Stacked GE washer/dryer lights Blinking doeent start at all.

Default Stacked GE washer/dryer lights Blinking doeent start at all.

Model Number: GTUP270EM0WW
    Brand: GE

Hi all you guys helped me before.>>
    >>
    SO at work we have a Stacked GE washer/dryer. model: GTUP270EM0WW. The top dryer is working fine...the lower washer does nothing when you close the lid. no water coming out, nothing. Nothing in none of the stages.>>
    I inspected it, and looked inside and saw that out of the two wires that lead from the lid actuator to a magnetic device, one of them was cut off. It appeared that maybe the washer wash shaking so bad that it cut of the wire off. I went ahead and crimped them back together hoping that would solve the problem but it didnít. Before and after that fix, the status lights were this:>>
    >>
    ON-lite,>>
    WASH-blinking>>
    Rinse-OFF>>
    Spin-blinking>>
    Lid lock-off>>
    >>
    >>
    I reset the circuit breaker for the laundry room; check to see that water supply was on,I discounted the power supply then reconnected it after Two minutes and nothing. Same status lights were blinking.>>
    >>
    There was a point in my testing that I closed the lid a litter harder than regular and the lid was in locked mode. But the status lights were the same as mentioned. But nothing really happened. I try to replicate what I had just done but nothing happened.>>
    >>
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated>>
    JOSE >>

Jose: We have the same problem with the same machine. I put the two wires together with no result. What was the solution to your problem? Many thanks in advance.

You might have already fix the problem but I solved the problem. Turns out that the blinking lights were setting off a code. in my case it was activating a "BAD lid SWITCH" after a fix. You have CLEAR THE ERROR CODES.So the machine could Reset. By rotating the washer knob to position 4 and press and hold the START/ PAUSE button. The indicator will flash during this process. Release the start/pause button after 3 seconds. Press and hold the start/pause button and fabric softer button while rotating the knob to position tn 6 to exit diagnostic.

the links below are charts to the error code readings.

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,sgsbssttk...1677img-or.jpg

and here:
    http://www.managemylife.com/images/1...bmp?1314127237

By rotating the washer knob to position 4 and press and hold the START/ PAUSE button. The indicator will flash during this process. Release the start/pause button after 3 seconds

i got the same problem by what do you mean postion 4?

http://media.fotki.com/1_p,sgsbssttk...1677img-or.jpg

its so small i cant even see it lol can you give me a better pic of it thanks.

yea that 2nd link....I don't know what happened I looked at it again its super small. i had got that diagram from that site..which is the TECH Manuel. have u opened up the machine and see if the TECH Manuel is inside the machine somewhere...its usually behind the control panel...anyways

position 4 is the position from 12 o clock.(on washer dial settings) going in clock wise-pattern...which would be MEDIUM(delicates)

position 6 is Medium (permanent press)

i will see if i have the original TECH Manuel at work. tomorrow.