Thread: Stacked GE washer/dryer lights Blinking doeent start at all.

Default Stacked GE washer/dryer lights Blinking doeent start at all.

Model Number: GTUP270EM0WW
    Brand: GE

Hi all you guys helped me before.

SO at work we have a Stacked GE washer/dryer. model: GTUP270EM0WW. The top dryer is working fine...the lower washer does nothing when you close the lid. no water coming out, nothing. Nothing in none of the stages.
    I inspected it, and looked inside and saw that out of the two wires that lead from the lid actuator to a magnetic device, one of them was cut off. It appeared that maybe the washer wash shaking so bad that it cut of the wire off. I went ahead and crimped them back together hoping that would solve the problem but it didn’t.

Before and after that fix, the status lights were this:

ON-lite,
    WASH-blinking
    Rinse-OFF
    Spin-blinking
    Lid lock-off

I reset the circuit breaker for the laundry room; check to see that water supply was on,I discounted the power supply then reconnected it after Two minutes and nothing. Same status lights were blinking.

There was a point in my testing that I closed the lid a litter harder than regular and the lid was in locked mode. But the status lights were the same as mentioned. But nothing really happened. I try to replicate what I had just done but nothing happened.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

JOSE

Jose: We have the same problem with the same machine. I put the two wires together with no result. What was the solution to your problem? Many thanks in advance.

You might have already fix the problem but I solved the problem. Turns out that the blinking lights were setting off a code. in my case it was activating a "BAD lid SWITCH" after a fix. You have CLEAR THE ERROR CODES.So the machine could Reset. By rotating the washer knob to position 4 and press and hold the START/ PAUSE button. The indicator will flash during this process. Release the start/pause button after 3 seconds. Press and hold the start/pause button and fabric softer button while rotating the knob to position tn 6 to exit diagnostic.

By rotating the washer knob to position 4 and press and hold the START/ PAUSE button. The indicator will flash during this process. Release the start/pause button after 3 seconds

i got the same problem by what do you mean postion 4?

yea that 2nd link....I don't know what happened I looked at it again its super small. i had got that diagram from that site..which is the TECH Manuel. have u opened up the machine and see if the TECH Manuel is inside the machine somewhere...its usually behind the control panel...anyways

position 4 is the position from 12 o clock.(on washer dial settings) going in clock wise-pattern...which would be MEDIUM(delicates)

position 6 is Medium (permanent press)

i will see if i have the original TECH Manuel at work. tomorrow.

I created an account just to say that I had the same problem, the suggested solution worked and to thank everyone who provided info.

I have this same model and let me say it's been an appliance from hell. Not only is this the third time it has broken down in a year, the dryer tears off buttons regularly.

In any event, there are two wires that lead to the lid switch (part no. WH12X10334, I bought).

About a year ago, one of them was cut from what I can only assume was the basin spinning unevenly. I crimped those together. Then last week the other was cut. Unfortunately, the cut was so close to the lid switch that there wasn't any wire left for me to crimp the two sides back together. So I bought a new one and installed it myself. However, the lights as described by the OP were still blinking and the washer wasn't working. I had to clear the error codes and reset it exactly as grover805 suggested above. All is working now, or should I say for now. Hopefully that helps someone.