Thread: Frigidaire Wall Oven Baking Element was Not Working Properly and there is No Power to Element

Question Frigidaire Wall Oven Baking Element was Not Working Properly and there is No Power to Element

Model Number: PLEB30S8CCA
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hi,
    My Frigidaire wall oven is approximately 6-7 years old. A few days ago, I noticed that the bake element was not working properly. The temperature would not rise above 195 degrees.

I figured it was time to get a new baking element, so I ordered the part and had a technician come to install it. The technician removed the old part and installed a new one, but when we turned the power back on, there was no power to the element any more. The technician said that something else must have been damaged or there is a loose wire and that it wasn't the element. The technician said it would cost an additional $220 for parts and $80 for labor to fix it.

I just don't understand why something else would be the problem since I was clearly getting power to the element before (just very weak). Could the technician have missed something at the time of installation? She did measure the power with a tool and didn't get a reading. There was power to other parts of the oven.

I am conflicted between contacting the same technician again or getting a new one? Any ideas as to what might be wrong with me wall oven?

Hi,

Its possible your thermal fuse in the back of your lower oven is blown. You would need to turn the breaker off to your oven, then get someone to help you pull it out from the wall, then take off the back access panel and ohm out that thermal fuse for continuity with a ohm meter, you can get a cheap volt/ohm meter at Radio Shack.

So you can have the tech. come back and check that thermal fuse. There is a reset button on it that you push, and see if it resets, if it doesn't then you'd need a new thermal fuse if no continuity through it.

Here's the location of your thermal fuse in the back of your oven, its #119 here:

Here's the thermal fuse for your model:
    Manufacturer part#318004900 is RepairClinic item#499302
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Is there a separate thermal fuse for baking element? My broiler element works fine...it is just the baking element.
    Thanks!

Yes, thats the one I listed above.

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts