Social Buttons

Thread: Maytag refrigerator and freezer get warm

Default Maytag refrigerator and freezer get warm

Model Number: MFD2561HEB
    Brand: Maytag

My Maytag refrigerator model MFD2561HEB gets 20 degrees warmer every couple of weeks. This will last a few hours then it will go back to normal. I first noticed that all my ice was melted into a large block and all the ice cream had melted then froze. My first thought was that the kids left the freezer door open and was not very worried about it. About 2 weeks later this happened again and I happen to be home while it was going on. I watched as both the fridge and freezer went up around 20 degrees warmer then normal. Also I noticed some light frost and tiny icicles in the back of the freezer where the vent is. The unit is one with the freezer on bottom and the french doors on top. Can anyone shed some light on where to start to figure out the problem? Just a side note when the unit was a few months old the fan went out that blows the cold air from the freezer to the refrigerator and the head unit where you connect the filter to went bad.

Ok, there has been some issues with both of these boards, on some the High Voltage Control board would fix this problem, then a few weeks later the display control board would go bad and visa-versa.

On some others just replacing the High Voltage board would solve it permanently and vise-versa with the display board. So I'd order both and wait about 2-3 weeks then if everything works fine, return the board you don't need for a full refund.

We always have a 365 full refund policy for any parts you purchase through our sites links and banners.

#2(from the parts diagram below) just snaps in place, just unsnap it in the front with a flathead screwdriver.

This is your control board here:
    User Control and Display Board W10207861 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com
    W10207861

It goes inside the refrigerator section in the upper temp. control console, its #5 here: 03-Controls parts for Maytag MFD2561HEB - AppliancePartsPros.com

Here is the High Voltage Control Board, its located in the back of your refrigerator:
    Main Control Board 12782036SP Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake - Thanks for the quick reply. Where is the high voltage control board located at in the back? I have replaced the water filter head unit so I have been in the back for that but don't remember seeing that board.
    Also could anything else cause the same issue such as a defrost timer or relay or are these control boards the most common cause?

Thanks,
    Chris

The H.V. BOARD is #21 in the parts diagram here: 01-Cabinet Back parts for Maytag MFD2561HEB - AppliancePartsPros.com

Should be on the left side, it may be behind the #2 water inlet valve panel.

The defrost timer for your model is integrated into the H.V BOARD and relays are as well, so thats the only 2 boards you have that controls everything.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake - Thanks again for the extra fast reply and info. I will probably just replace both parts to make sure I don't have anymore issues. I checked out the repairclinic prices and they were much lower than anyone else out there. I noticed they give you a $50 credit on each board when you send the old back in, do they sell refurbished parts as well?

Ok, sounds good. Keep us posted.

No, they don't sell refurbished parts.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts