Thread: Kenmore 90 Series Electric Dryer

Default Kenmore 90 Series Electric Dryer

Model Number: 110.66912692
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

My Kenmore 90 Series Electric Dryer, all though might be an older one but is in great condition and worked perfectly up untill now. It will not start, no noise, no smell, nothing... Everything with the circut breaker/outlet is fine. I was about to attempt checking the fuse but quickly found out that you basically have to take the whole dryer a part just to get to it, so I got a little intemidated. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong and there's another way??? Someone Please Help b/c I gotta get this thing working again.

Hi,

Lower front panal come off to inspect the thermal fuse, can simpley join the 2 wires together as a test only!

Name:  Thermal-Fuse-3390719-00630767.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  3.1 KB Thermal fuse, disposable, on exhaust duct Manufacturer Number 3390719

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ldrwp4r-panel-off2.jpg 
Views:	655 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	7143 The heater element, high limit thermostat, thermal fuse, and the cycling thermostat can be serviced with the bottom panel off. There are two clips to be pressed in about 4 inches in from the side at the top of the panel. Press on these clips, pull out on the panel and lift it off a couple clips it mounts on.

jeff.
    http://www.applianceaid.com/
    Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks Jeff, I'll do that tonight when I get home. Should this not be the problem, What else do suggest I check? Also, I'm assuming you meant testing the OHM reading when you said "put the 2 wires togeter"?

Also, I'm assuming you meant testing the OHM reading when you said "put the 2 wires togeter"?
    Nope, joining the wires together is bypassing in case you don't have an ohm meter. Thermal fuse should show continuity when good or open ( no continuity ) when bad, pull of at least one of the wires when ohm testing.

Should this not be the problem, What else do suggest I check?
    A copy:

Q - My dryer is dead, what could do that ?
    A- Common problems...blown house fuse/tripped breaker ( electric dryers need 2 )...loose white/neutral wire...broken belt ( on some models only )...door switch/door switch bracket...*thermal fuse open ( venting needs attention )...broken or burnt wire...timer...motor...burnt power cord/plug...start switch ( especially the ones with a built in relay switch )
    * If you find a blown thermal fuse, always clean, change, adjust the venting system and vent hood first

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid

Hi Jeff I have a question about my dryer forgive me for posting out of the area I should post. I have a kenmore dryer model number 110.96593230 that wont start in any cycle with or without heat setting. I have read through the forums and ruled out thermal board and relays. I have the whole machine appart, I have cleaned every bit of lint our of everywhere and cleaned all thermostats. I have cleaned the motor as well, the weird part is that when I start the dryer the motor acts like it wants to turn but cant then I hear a click and it dies, if I rotate the motor and try to start it again it works fine. is there some way of having a dead spot in the motor, I have no idea how these motors work. thanks in advance

Hi,

if I rotate the motor and try to start it again it works fine. is there some way of having a dead spot in the motor
    Yes there is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive-Motor-279787-00858787.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	7206 Motor, dryer drum drive Manufacturer Number 279787

jeff.
    Appliance Repair Aid