Thread: Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Washing Machine

Default Whirlpool Ultimate Care II Washing Machine

Model Number: LSQ9010PW2
    Brand: Whirlpool

My washer hasn't been draining all the way. There was still water left in the cycle after spinning. Now yesterday it quit draining, pumping, agitating, etc - like it had no power. We thought the lid switch was bad. We opened the back and wiggled the switch and it worked; just for a little while though and then quit filling up again. We tried to bypass the switch. We hooked all 3 wires together and then put electrical tape on. I think we messed up here. Now we have nothing again. Did we burn something up? We looked on you tube that we should have made a u shaped device and hooked it to all wires except green. Can you tell me if my washer is burned?

You probably tripped the circuit breaker in your house breaker box. The green wire should not have been connected to either of the 2 wires. Remove the green wire (it's a ground wire) from the splice you had done and reset the breaker.

You may have burned the contacts in the timer by shorting the lid switch harness. The good news is this model washer is mostly mechanical controlled and fairly easy to service, unlike my Cabrio WTW5640 series....

OK, Since you already have the cabinet off and the lid switch connector off, take a small piece of insulated wire 3" to 4" long and strip about a half inch on each end. Bend it in the shape of a "U" and short the two wires in the lid switch connector together. DO NOT SHORT ANYTHING TO THE GREEN WIRE. Put the washer in spin cycle and see if it works.

Lid Switch Assembly 8318084 Order now for same day shipping. 365 day return policy. RepairClinic.com

Jake
    Appliance Repair School 1987-1988
    Star Appliance Tech. 2 yrs. 1988-1990
    Wards Appliance Tech. 11 yrs. 1990-2001
    Sears Appliance Tech. 4 yrs. 2001-Oct. 2005
    Jake's Appliance Repair Nov. 2005-present

Look-Up & Order Parts

Default Thanks - another problem

Thanks for responding - all of you. We did form the U and bypassed the switch. The breaker was tripped and its working. The other problem we are having though is that once it washes (wig wag motion) then it starts to rinse. At the cylce to where all the water is supposed to be spinned out for the dryer, there is water still left in the clothes. Not alot but enough that they are dripping when taken out. I can manually turn the drum inside until it is tight, restart the rinse cycle and it is fine. What is causing this? Is there a belt that is going out? Thanks.

Is it draining the water out fast before it spins OR during spin? Time the drain cycle, all the water should be out of the tub within 90 seconds or less. You can watch the water come out of the drain hose, just pull the drain hose up a little and watch how fast the water comes out into the drain.

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Is it draining the water out fast before it spins OR during spin? Time the drain cycle, all the water should be out of the tub within 90 seconds or less. You can watch the water come out of the drain hose, just pull the drain hose up a little and watch how fast the water comes out into the drain.

Jake

The water drains when it is spinning. We have a hose hooked up so the water can go to the yard instead of the drain. It's like the tub doesn't spin fast enough.

Ok, What happens is, when it starts spinning, it will spin slow at first while the water is draining at the same time, once all the water has drained out of the tub, it spins faster up to speed.

Now if the water takes longer than 90 seconds to drain, it will spin really slow for almost the whole spin cycle, thus wet clothes when its done.

When I worked In Arizona and Texas, lots of customers would attach the drain hose to their lawn hose to water their yards, thats fine but you need to have the same diameter hose as the machines drain hose has or you will have this issue.

Thats why its very important to time how long it takes for the water to drain the whole tub, do you see what I mean?

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts

Jake, you have been a great help with my washer. Today though it stopped spinning altogether. The motor sounded and it was going thru the cycle but the tub wasn't spinning at all. Is the tub suppose to be very "loose" inside - for instance, extremly moveable inside from side to side? Mine is like this.

Also, we took out all the clothes and started the rinse (spin cycle) again a few times. We would move the tub by hand and it seemed like it tried to spin but then would stop. It's like something is restricting the tub or something isn't tight enough to make it start spinning.

Anyway, we moved around the inside of the tub some more and then it picked up speed. We rinsed and drained a whole load and it drained well and all the water inside (with clothes) was drained.

Can you tell me what is causing my tub to (1) either not spin; or (2) to spin slow even when there isn't water in the tub?

Does this washer have a belt?

So the inner tub is that loose?

Check your drive block.

Here's the tub drive block for your model:
    Manufacturer part number 389140 is RepairClinic item number 2858

This video shows how to check and replace the drive block:

You can see the comparsion here:

See the one on the left, its the old one, the one on the right is the new one. It has to have those 2 ear slots. Does yours look like the one on the left or right?

Jake

Look-Up & Order Parts